Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Your loyal assistant Dr. Meowgon is all over this one.

Brannock posted:

What exactly is Jeanne using the blinker stone for? Physical manifestation? Can't be that, as they're all in the spirit world and we already know she's capable of harming Annie in that state.

I don't think she's using the stone to do anything, she's just holding onto it so that Annie can't escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Dodgeball posted:

So like a cold, or something?

or if Parley gets stabbed in the chest she loses her love for Smitty

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Fecha posted:

Just like a real heart!

Only with lasers.

With freeway on-ramps for arms!

You know, the best thing about knowing that Tea-san has such an extensive backlog of comics means that he isn't going to be like one of those webcomic authors where because the community guesses what you're going to do they suddenly have to change it. He's got his story worked out and if the fans guess it, then hey, more power to them. I like that.

Detetsu fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 30, 2010

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Brannock posted:

How is it not "alone"? She saw her lover killed before her eyes and is angry at Parley for daring to have emotions and love, and all that stuff.

Clearly what Jeanne needs is a group hug.

What Jeanne needs is to hug Diego.

Around the throat.
With her sword calloused hands.
Tightly.

That prick.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Ice cold Reynard, ice cold.
Now I can't wait for Wednesday!
Gunnerkrigg, the strip that keeps you on the edge of your seat for an entire chapter.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

I'm strongly behind that phoenix theory now. It'd tie in so well with the language used and events that surround her.

Detetsu fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 7, 2010

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Rincewind posted:

And Annie will be left at the Court all alone with Reynardine again. :smith:

or this is the summer that Annie spends in the forest with Coyote.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

dumb brunette posted:

This was about what I was guessing, personally.

It makes a lot of sense. She was lied to about something incredibly important to her about the adults she trusts around her. The only one who hasn't lied to her is the god in the forest and so it makes sense for her to run to him to find the truth and break down for a few months.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Coyote never told her about this either though. He's as guilty of lying by omission as the people at the court who knew Surma. And don't tell me he wouldn't know, he obviously knew Surma very well and this is definitely something that happens on the mystical level where he operates.

That's a good point. Maybe she'd view him as being a distant third party rather than someone she's around daily though, but really it's all supposition until Gunnerkrigg's reached it's final page. Not knowing really kills me deep inside.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Fecha posted:

Mort is a lovely person. :colbert:

Except when he's making unwarranted claims to your person! The cad!
Boxbot's the real unsung hero.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

idonotlikepeas posted:

Because it has bearing on the discussion:

So then the sword was always a sword?

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

idonotlikepeas posted:

Funnily enough, Tom answered that question too:

I think that's related to this:

This seems to be one of the few boundaries on Coyote. He can give people things, but once he does he's given them away and no longer possesses them himself. He made a substitute tooth, but really the knife is still his tooth and the tooth is still a rock.

That's really cool. I wonder if my 5 year old nephew would appreciate a Gunnerkrigg book.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Noonsaliwah posted:

Kat and Annie are at that age when teenage girls turn against each other viciously, my sister fell out with her best friend over less than what Annie did to Kat.

On the other hand, Kat and Annie have always been portrayed as rather mature, so I really hope their relationship is back to normal(ish) before too long. I don't want to see Annie have no friends in her class.

If that happened, she'd probably turn more readily to the forest for company. Weekend trips to visit them, etc.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Dodgeball posted:

Eglamore was shot and killed in Vietnam.

Still, it was the best summer of my life.

Eglamore's plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan...it spun in. There were no survivors.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Fecha posted:

...are you a bird?

It would explain his fowl mood.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Also, Kat has personally met - and is on a first name basis with - a minotaur. You'd think at some point she'd go 'Hunh, another creature of legend is actually real. Go figure.' or to subvert that and have her go "Oh, well, what about Unicorns?" and everybody laughs and says there's no such thing as unicorns, get serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

But what about Robox?!