Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fragrag posted:

I can't be the only one who gets chills from Anthony's facial expression. It even gives me Stendhal syndrome or something nearing to it.

That's kind of weird, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
This will not be good for Ysengrin's mental health.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm surprised that, given the fact that Surma didn't kill her mother by being born, no one is considering that Anthony is the culprit here.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
What's the line on Coyote ending up as the main "villain" of the story? It's got to be either him or the Court higher-ups, or both.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fecha posted:

I'm not sure if the story necessarily needs a villain.

Thus the quotes, I suppose. He does look rather menacing in today's strip. I liked the touch that his lower jawline disappears in panel 6.

I imagine Coyote is attempting to hedge his bets here - why else wouldn't he want Ysengrin and the foresters to know about the tooth?

Fecha posted:

Nice av though.

Thanks. I've already gotten a few PMs regarding it. Same story with my last Coyote avatar, everyone seems to want to know who's doing awesome riffs on Native American art.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Talas posted:

I find funny that Jones thought she could threaten Coyote a few pages back and then he does something like this like it's nothing.

We don't even know what Jones is capable of.

Uggghhh weekend break on another cliffhanger.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I can't believe how awesome this comic is.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Man, Gunnerkrigg really does invite the bestiality comparisons.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kojiro posted:

Yeah, I mean, there's a dog and a girl in the same panel! And they don't hate each other! Gotta be fuckin', right?

Really though I think that's rather unkind to say.

Yeah that's why this is the first time ever that someone's made a bestiality joke re: Gunnerkrigg.

Also y'all pretty sensitive. He made a joke in poor taste -> he is a horrible person please edit this horrific image out of our beloved innocent thread?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Now we're throwing around pedophilia accusations? :rolleyes:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Assuming Annie has a child, anyway.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Is it just me or does Doomcrab have Coyote's color scheme?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Revolver Bunker posted:

This is the best resolution for this scenario. :haw: I really wasn't expecting that at all.

Really not? The entire comic has had like 3 fight scenes, ever. It would be a pretty drastic change of pace and character for Annie to bust out the fireballs and dodging.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
That floor plan looks awfully like a Dwarf Fortress bedroom wing.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I don't think Kat likes Annie's rebelliousness all that much. This will probably come back later to be important.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fecha posted:

Interesting how Kat is seeing neurons in her analysis of the air conditioner. What kind of crazy schematics are going through her head, there?

The Court is alive.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

fishmech posted:

I thinkl this picture posted earlier in the thread has bearing on the magic vs science in Gunnerkrigg Court.

On the one hand it looks like there's a gap between nature and technology. But then you consider the fact that the "nature" of Central Park is 100% artificially constructed and landscaped. Perhaps it is the same way with the Court and the Forest.

Also consider that cities grow very organically, even if they're "constructed".

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Oh my god that Coyote :3: I want one.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Puberty causes rapid physical changes in teenagers? You don't say.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
This chapter has been awesome :allears:

Benagain posted:

Tea-san, congrats on remembering that teenagers think with random hormone fluctuations.

Make this the new subtitle of the thread.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If everyone is taking turns telling stories do you think we'll get a story from Annie about her summer?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Have you looked into Kickstarter, Tea-san?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Bluehair is my new favorite character. :3:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Epee? I see a fencing foil with a saber guard.

Also there's some serious over-lunging going on in panel 3.

:bahgawd:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Wait, is the one that didn't sell that one on the left edge under Annie?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Wasn't it just a tooth the last time we saw it? I don't remember it being made of glowy energy.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I think it's pretty touching that a creation of the Court and a creation of the Forest have such a close bond with each other :shobon:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Jones is not a vending machine.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Besides, MSPA/MLP avatars tend to be irritating because of the spastic animations. GC avatars are nice and static :)

I miss my old laughing Coyote :(

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The best avatar! Thank you benefactor!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I bet Annie is going to (forcibly) be taught how to go ethereal without a blinker stone - especially since she has that fire spirit heritage, she should be capable of doing that.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The facial expression didn't clue you in that she was being sarcastic?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Is the Court just empty? That chapter where Red gets a haircut has the three girls going through a rather long commute and there's no one else to be seen.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Rereading through the archives now because I don't have much else to be doing after getting all my stuff I needed done today.

A couple observations:

-There's been two instances in the story that Annie has been super emotionless and detached, and both times have been immediately after Annie's last contact with her father.

Here we find out that Anthony is emotionless too. I wonder if more is going on there than just "child takes after parent". Annie had been doing super well, and a single phone call has her snapped back to how she used to be.

-I think Eglamore cheated on Surma with Jones. It's been implied (knife etc) that Eglamore and Surma were an item, and it's also been implied that they broke up sometime and that's when Anthony came into the picture. It's also been stated that Surma couldn't stand Jones (though, this came before any possible relationships could have happened.)

Now, consider this page and these two pages - they're very familiar and comfortable with each other. Annie confirms what we're picking up on later.

This also could give a new meaning to "wandering eye".

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Anthony Carver, the comic's ultimate villain.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Male Man posted:

I supposed that the fire in Annie's soul is unique, and to not have (presumably) a daughter would be to snuff it out.

How's that any different from dying?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Hmm, trickster god who has a penchant for hiding what he knows from other people..?

Nah, the Sweatshirt Incident means he's totally on the level guys.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Enemies of the Revolution, beware! Your classist disgust for chain restaurants will no longer be Tolerated.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I already posted.

Or did I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib