Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hotsoupdinner
Apr 12, 2007
eat up

theflyingexecutive posted:

Right, and I don't want to come off as condescending or willingly ignorant by asking if I could do your job with no writing experience. Looking into it more, do all script editors also need similar writing credentials? I am finding sources that say there's role overlap in editors being used by producers to meet studio demands/whims, like Joseph Kosinski taking two brilliantly inventive musicians and mashing their work into bland soundtrack paste. I'm interested in working in the pre-pitch period (yes, understanding this is exactly the opposite place of where the money and desire for paid outside influence is), refining or rearranging a writer's vision. Am I describing a real thing or a p bland fever dream?

If you want to do rewrites, you have to have the writing credentials. If you want to refine a writer's vision before the pitch portion, then you want to be a manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread