Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
crossposted from my thread

Race Realists posted:

I thought alot about making this thread, and it might crash and burn but here goes: I'm a Film student in Georgia. I have two films under my belt, want desperately to break into the business (:lol: if you think I don't know this is an insane, impossible hill to climb) and at the very least commune with fellow goons who are in the same boat as me. The Film/Video and Cinematography thread are loving ghost towns as far as industry discussion goes.

I ask: Are there ANY goons out there working (or have worked) professionally in the film industry? Maybe share a funny story or two about being a Production Assistant? Tell us your day to day life on big budget film project you can't tell us about because embargoes :v:

... why do I get feeling I'm shouting into a void here :smith:?

if this counts as spamming let me know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I'm majoring in film, and... I've never written a full length story before

Can anyone recommend any writing exercises (besides reading)?

NeuroticErotica posted:

If you can get involved in your local filmmaking scene it's... theoretically possible.

It won't be easy. If you're not fluent in the local language it'll be super difficult.

I live in Georgia (US), so yay? :v:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 6, 2017

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

magnificent7 posted:

I know you said you want to do exercises instead of reading, so, check out this article about the six emotional story arcs, and write a 2-paragraph synopsis for each type?

Research Reveals Six Core Story Emotional Arcs
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/11/25/the-six-stories-people-love-most/?utm_term=.989a56b8d325

:stare:

this thread is seeing actual activity

• Locked thread