Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
Is anyone willing to share a script with an accompanying outline attached? I usually just work from slapdash notes about what to include and what happens in what order, but I recognise this is poor form and I have no idea really how to write an outline, in terms of what kind of writing is used and what kind of information goes into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
Index cards is the one thing from the Syd Field book that didn't really bring anything to the table for me, probably because my planning is so unorganised. I thought an overall outline would be better because I'm not writing really simplistic notes, and a bulkier outline will probably help more with the episodic scripts I'm writing.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

magnificent7 posted:

Are there any good books/sites about adapting books? Besides the movie Adaptation, I mean.

I just read Day of the Triffids, and now I'm watching the 1962 movie. Yikes. The book is SO similar to The Walking Dead, I'm surprised it hasn't been re-made.

Jodorowky's Dune? I remember reading an article years ago about The Purple Cloud, and how that book has been interpreted and adapted so much its basically a genre of it's own. Wish I could find it again. There's also essays written by Stephen King about his movies being adapted and about how he handles rights, etc.

• Locked thread