Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

screenwritersblues posted:

If anyone wants to read a draft of a screenplay that I completed earlier this year, send me a email: weirdnjfan1@gmail.com. I really don't want to just post it on a hosting site and post the link here, mainly because of all the lurkers who will read this. Also, in the subject line put SAgoon:user name wants to read your script so that I know who you are.
What's the genre? Could you give a one-line synopsis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

screenwritersblues posted:

You can start by reading other scripts and finding out how each writer has a different style from each other.

The best site right now is https://www.mypdfscripts.com. The guy who runs it has a pretty good connection, considering that he has had legal action threatened against him and also has had his original site shut down. To find what you want, just wander around for a few minutes and you'll find something that you want to read.

Also,for books I suggest Syd Field's Screenplay, it's the best book out there for screenwriting tips and basic formatting.
I think that reading scripts is the best way to go. Back in the day, growing up in Chile, I had limited access to reading material, so I read lots and lots of movie scripts. Still haven't written anything complete.. but reading is the way to go.

Juanito fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 26, 2010

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Do you have some specific titles that are on the blacklist and you can't find? I'm curious if they are actually completely unavailable.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I wouldn't get the Kindle version, if you're a real fan of Inception, since the book has concept art, storyboards, and more.

• Locked thread