Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Hi folks! I'm an NYC-based actress/director/voice actor, and instead of waiting for interesting projects to fall into my lap, I'd like to start producing content myself. I have a great network of actors, filmmakers, and other creative folks to whom I can reach out to help create such content. I am not, however, a writer, and so I would love to team up with writers who have ideas they'd like to see produced. I'm looking for a variety of ideas for a variety of media, primarily for short form content--short films, webseries, super short stand-alone web shorts, even Vines--and I'm open to adapting work in other areas (short stories, etc). If you're interested, please send me an email at me [at] melanieehrlich [dot] com with some ideas/samples of your work that you think might fit the types of media I mentioned--I'd be happy to take a look at anything from finished scripts to starts of ideas to one- or two-line gags, to anything in between. Hope to hear from some of you soon. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Golden Bee posted:

So you have some clips?

Of my own work, you mean? Not many--which is why I'm planning on producing some of my own content to begin with. :) But some of my work is up on my website, http://www.melanieehrlich.com. I'd say the ones that give the best idea of my general temperament/tone are this performance (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osnLzSfM4g4 and this clip from an animated series I worked on recently (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5JCB84xzHA). I have some clips of my on-camera work in film/TV, but it's not current and I'm not happy with any of it as being representative of my abilities. There's a clip on there of a commercial I have running nationally right now that I quite like, although it's a suuuuper lo-fi clip (iPhone held up to a TV).

And if it helps, a bit about me personally: I'm pretty bright/cheery generally and have done a lot of comedy, but I really am open to anything, be it comedy, drama, or anything in between/outside those lines. I like things that are smart, fun, positive...I guess things that reflect what I consider my best qualities, now that I think about it.

I'm happy to talk more with people about specifics, and am open to anything from a one-off collaboration to a long-term partnership. If there's anything else that might help guide the right people to me and vice versa, feel free to ask either here in the thread or via email and I'll be happy to respond.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Golden Bee posted:

Melanie: I like your stuff, will see if I have anything that fits.

Thank you! Looking forward to it.

To that end--what might be some good methods of connecting with (good) screenwriters locally, who might be practiced and dedicated, even if they might need a bit of polish, who are open to collaboration on new works and may already have work they want to see actors put up? I know plenty of people who write and/or call themselves writers who produce work of varying quality, but many yet with the right mix of talent, dedication and reliability whom I can see matching my own work ethic. I'm in NYC so I know they're here--it's just a matter of knowing where to look, besides film school and film festivals (which I already frequent).

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Golden Bee posted:

Go to all the improv schools. Talk to people whose shows you like; that'd probably be a great next step. HMU next week after attending a show or two at UCB, Groundlings, IO East, or the equiv.

Improv for screenwriters? Interesting suggestion. I can understand sketch shows (and am already talking with someone who does both sketch writing and improv at UCB), but what's your thinking behind finding good writers improv shows? I'll see if I can in the next week or so, though admittedly my evenings between now and Thanksgiving are just packed with pre-holiday sessions/events/screenings/etc.

I'm already talking with one friend I met almost a decade ago on this very site about a collaboration I'm really excited about, so this is already starting to bear fruit! I'm always interested in collaborating with new people, though, so regardless of when you see this, if you're a writer/filmmaker interested in creating new work with me, please feel free to reach out. I love working with goons. :)

• Locked thread