Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n0manarmy
Mar 18, 2003

chomper posted:

I've finally decided to root my Motorola Droid running Froyo 2.2 (build FRG22D).
.... then I realized Universal Androot won't work with FRG22D, but does work with FRG01B.

What's the easiest way to roll back to this update so I can use Androot? Or is this not possible?

I don't think its possible without initially rooting your device. I went ahead and rooted using this walk through

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Just follow step by step and you should be fine. Also side note the moto software was not happy with windows 7. I had to use it on my xp machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

n0manarmy posted:

I don't think its possible without initially rooting your device. I went ahead and rooted using this walk through

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Just follow step by step and you should be fine. Also side note the moto software was not happy with windows 7. I had to use it on my xp machine.

Thanks man, just did it. Rooting that way was very simple. Hmmmm.... what should I do now that i've rooted my Droid?

Decisions. decisions....

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Mein Eyes! posted:

So I haven't really played with custom stuff since CM6 came out. Any new poo poo for the Nexus One?

MIUI is pretty cool, but I still prefer CM6. Latest nightlys have some nice new features, and 6.1 should be out soonish, with power control in the notification pulldown and individual swipe-able notifications and some other poo poo too.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

chomper posted:

Rooting that way was very simple.

So very much this. Especially on ubuntu using sbf_flash I had my replacement droid rooted in seconds.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
Just S-OFFed my Desire. Now that I have an easy way of flashing recoveries, is there any reason I'd want to update ClockWorkMod from 2.5.0.1 to 2.5.0.7?

n0manarmy
Mar 18, 2003

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good profile or sound manager? Or does Cyanogen include something like this? I haven't seen it myself. I'm running an OG Droid with Cyanogen 6.02 #159. I was using Quick Profiles Pro but it stopped working as of release of Cyanogen 6 and from what I've read, the developer could care less about fixing this since its not "official." I'm tempted to raise hell cause I love the app and went as far as to pay for the pro.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

I just put rubix focused 1.0 on my DroidX and so far it seems pretty good. It is definitely smoother than the leaked 2.2 ROM and it has every piece of Blur and Verizon bloatware crap removed. Also it has swype unlike the FlyX ROM which was completely retarded.

Easily installs through ROM manager/Clockwork Recovery from the 2.2 leak. Kept root and all.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

Nostrum posted:

I just put rubix focused 1.0 on my DroidX and so far it seems pretty good. It is definitely smoother than the leaked 2.2 ROM and it has every piece of Blur and Verizon bloatware crap removed. Also it has swype unlike the FlyX ROM which was completely retarded.

Easily installs through ROM manager/Clockwork Recovery from the 2.2 leak. Kept root and all.

Yeah, I'm really digging how clean this rom is. I got the red version and put the red themed dolphin HD and Swype on it, it's gorgeous.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
someone posted a while back that they installed the nexus CM6 nighty build on their incredible. Anyone know how to do this?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

travisray2004 posted:

someone posted a while back that they installed the nexus CM6 nighty build on their incredible. Anyone know how to do this?

Check out the cyanogen forums, there is a port for the Incredible ;)

Primworm
Aug 19, 2008

Six pokeballs, more than enough to catch anything that moves.
Is Google voice broken for anyone else on the last two nightlys for cyanogen? I'm talking the input when you search or the voice>text in messaging, all that is broken for me, on the OG Droid.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

deong posted:

Check out the cyanogen forums, there is a port for the Incredible ;)

I know this but he said that there were a lot more features in the nexus build. Figured I'd try it to see if that's true.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

travisray2004 posted:

I know this but he said that there were a lot more features in the nexus build. Figured I'd try it to see if that's true.

I believe the nightlies/experimental builds are all the same across the devices that have a forum.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

big mean giraffe posted:

MIUI is pretty cool, but I still prefer CM6. Latest nightlys have some nice new features, and 6.1 should be out soonish, with power control in the notification pulldown and individual swipe-able notifications and some other poo poo too.

Thanks. Am I right in thinking that the N1 FM receiver will be included in 6.1? I've been looking forward to that for a while.

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!
CM 6.1 RC1 is out - http://www.cyanogenmod.com/home/cyanogenmod-6-1-0-release-candidates

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Changelog posted:

Common: EMMC support - Koush
Common: Camcorder touch-to-focus - Cyanogen
Common: Camera/camcorder continuous autofocus - Cyanogen
Common: Kill foreground app by long-pressing back - Evan Charlton
Common: Compose SMS/MMS via search button long press - Wes Garner
Common: Galaxy S style power widget in notification bar - Pedlar

:neckbeard:

That Kill foreground app one is going to be so useful for Angry Birds

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 28, 2010

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!

Mein Eyes! posted:

Thanks. Am I right in thinking that the N1 FM receiver will be included in 6.1? I've been looking forward to that for a while.

Yup it's there.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I installed RC1 over my previous CM6, and now I have my GApps still but no web browser at all. Help?

EDIT: Fixed this by installing the GApps addon. Apparently, the Android Browser app is considered a non-distributable Google app now.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Oct 28, 2010

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
Is there a quick way of telling how much space the davlik cache is occupying on my sd-ext partition? I'm trying to work out if it's worth flashing the N1 partition table on my Desire and moving the davlik cache to the cache partition. In theory it sounds nice to be able to ditch A2SD but I'm not convinced that cache space wouldn't still be a limiting factor.

edit: Also, anyone know what "Common: Autodetect if we should use /cache for system dex files - Kali-" in the CM6 changelog means?

chippy fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Oct 28, 2010

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Okay, CM6-RC1 impressions. I got just a couple issues:

1) FM Radio works but is kind of crap as expected. However, when I plugged my headset in to use as an antenna, an icon appeared that according to this chart means "wired microphone headset is connected." Since I quit FM and reset, the icon still appears with my regular, non-microphone headphones plugged in. This is an OS thing, not an FM Radio app thing. Not sure why it's happening. I tried voice search while wearing headphones and listening to something and it still used the phone's microphone to pick up my voice.

2) I'm not sure if this is Touiteur's fault or CM6's fault, but I'm now getting Mac/iOS style red badges reflecting unread tweets on Touitter's icon. This isn't the "Display Unread Count" thing on the notification icon in the status bar, but a thing on the app itself. Since I don't primarily use Twitter from my phone, I don't really want this unread count, but I can't figure out how to turn it off.

I'm thinking it's a RC1 thing because I wasn't seeing these badges on Toutieur's icon before.

3) Just so you know, you need to go into the settings of the FM Radio app even though it works right away. it's set to Chinese frequencies. If you're someone who doesn't always have Bluetooth on, it will leave bluetooth on when quit, though you can change a setting and have it automatically turn bluetooth off when it's powered off.

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Okay, CM6-RC1 impressions. I got just a couple issues:

1) FM Radio works but is kind of crap as expected. However, when I plugged my headset in to use as an antenna, an icon appeared that according to this chart means "wired microphone headset is connected." Since I quit FM and reset, the icon still appears with my regular, non-microphone headphones plugged in. This is an OS thing, not an FM Radio app thing. Not sure why it's happening. I tried voice search while wearing headphones and listening to something and it still used the phone's microphone to pick up my voice.

This is just the 'headset' connected icon that all AOSP based ROMS display for me when I connect headphones.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
Same here, that icon is displayed any time headphones are plugged in.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
That's always been the case? That's really odd. I've never had that happen when plugging in regular ol', microphone-free headphones. Neither with official nor pre-RC1 rooted firmwares.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I never got that icon until I went to the CM6 nightlies on my N1.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
N1 version now supports led flashlight mode in the power control in the notification area.

Also noticing small performance increases everywhere, and the phone unlocks instantly when I hit the trackball.

big mean giraffe fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 28, 2010

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

big mean giraffe posted:

N1 version now supports led flashlight mode in the power control in the notification area.

Also noticing small performance increases everywhere, and the phone unlocks instantly when I hit the trackball.

He changed some poo poo in the kernel recently, yeah. I'm on the first nightly with it and it's great.

Unfortunately, since the gapps still aren't on the loving mirror system, I'm not updating again because it's going to require doing it manually instead of through rom manager.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I just updated mine last night manually since I was doing my girlfriend's Droid anyways.

6.1 is absolutely amazing.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

big mean giraffe posted:

I just updated mine last night manually since I was doing my girlfriend's Droid anyways.

6.1 is absolutely amazing.

Been on the nightlies with all of it for a while, yeah.

Apparently ROM Manager is fixed, but I can't find 6.1 on it right now and I don't want to reboot to see if that helps.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

deong posted:

I believe the nightlies/experimental builds are all the same across the devices that have a forum.

in a general sense, but since the inc doesn't have a dedicated developer there's stuff broken that never gets fixed.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
My HTC Hero wouldn't turn on when I woke up this morning. I have the insurance on my plan, so I'm taking it to the Sprint store after work to swap it for a new one. My only concern is my phone's rooted and has CM6 on it. Is there any way this is going to be a problem?

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003
Could someone please mirror the gapps-hdpi-20101025-signed.zip file? The official mirror is down/suspended.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

900ftjesus posted:

Could someone please mirror the gapps-hdpi-20101025-signed.zip file? The official mirror is down/suspended.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53883/gapps-hdpi-20101025-signed.zip

n0manarmy
Mar 18, 2003

DoctorJones posted:

My HTC Hero wouldn't turn on when I woke up this morning. I have the insurance on my plan, so I'm taking it to the Sprint store after work to swap it for a new one. My only concern is my phone's rooted and has CM6 on it. Is there any way this is going to be a problem?

I went through this with my moto droid and verizon. I just did everything in my power to make sure it wouldn't turn on, especially when the tech had it in their hands.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Finally got the /system/ security off my desire using that lovely AlphaRev thing which brands your phone with lovely photoshops of the joker.

What can I do now with my phone which I couldn't before on an ordinary root? I've already removed the lovely joker photoshops with my face, I've installed metamorph, but I haven't been able to find any decent metamorphs, and I've installed clockworkmod as my recovery image.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded
CM6.1 not available for the Droid yet...

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

n0manarmy posted:

I went through this with my moto droid and verizon. I just did everything in my power to make sure it wouldn't turn on, especially when the tech had it in their hands.

Did you keep your SD card?

n0manarmy
Mar 18, 2003

DoctorJones posted:

Oh yeah, that was tucked safely away because it had my full system backup that I did a few days before the screen took a poo poo on me.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Awesome, thanks.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

DoctorJones posted:

When you replace your phone through warranty, its not uncommon they make you keep your sd card, battery, and backplate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Anyone happen to have this one? Pretty excited to give 6.1 a try. gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip

edit: nvm found it here if anyone else needs it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=691366

madkapitolist fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 28, 2010