Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

madkapitolist posted:

Anyone happen to have this one? Pretty excited to give 6.1 a try. gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip

http://cyanogenmod-mirror.local.host.name/gapps/gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

madkapitolist posted:

Anyone happen to have this one? Pretty excited to give 6.1 a try. gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip

http://cyanogenmod-mirror.local.host.name/gapps/gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version has mirrors.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Kipory posted:

When you replace your phone through warranty, its not uncommon they make you keep your sd card, battery, and backplate.

from what I understand though when a phone is replaced through insurance you receive all new stuff so you could actually make out by getting a new battery and sdcard. You do pay the deductible though.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can someone host the radio?

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/files/file/134-frg83-radio-5-12-00-08zip/

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Anyone with the circular battery meter from here having troubles with the CM6.1 RC? It's only reporting in increments of 10 which is useless. Stock Android battery meter sucks so much and the default CM battery number is ugly.

I'm using a Slide for reference, but wondering if this is a common problem.

Godzilla07 fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 29, 2010

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
I know its crazy, but I'm amazed at how well the FM support works on this new build. Even worse, I'm amazed at the 60 year old technology itself - streaming audio, without any delay, without using any data, minimal battery use, and it'll work anywhere! :science: They should put this poo poo in cars!

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

CM forums are claiming that this http://koush.tandtgaming.com/motorola/sholes/update-cm-6.1.0-RC0-Droid-signed.zip is the CM6RC1 file for the og droid. No cle why it says RC0

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Is anyone else's notification power widget completely hosed as of RC1? It was working fine before, but now I've got bluetooth, sound/silent, and GPS no matter what. I can toggle them, turn off the widget completely, turn it back on, and they're still there. The CM Settings app also force closes whenever I try to uncheck an option in there too.

Other than that, it's really good. Huge battery improvement over MIUI. I always forget how sweet CM's kernel is on the N1.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Godzilla07 posted:

Anyone with the circular battery meter from here having troubles with the CM6.1 RC? It's only reporting in increments of 10 which is useless. Stock Android battery meter sucks so much and the default CM battery number is ugly.

Yep, same issue on my N1. In fact, I'm getting a whole host of issues with CM6.1 that I wasn't getting on the nightly I was using (219).

I just went ahead and restored the nandroid I made before moving to CM6.1 as I didn't see any features I needed that were added and it sure seemed like a lot of stuff wasn't working correctly.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
Can anyone tell me how to check the size of the dalvik cache on my ext3?

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

Godzilla07 posted:

I bet something got changed in /system/framework/framework-res.apk (my money is on stat_sys_battery.xml). You'd have to decompile it to find out for sure.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones
After I updated my venerable G1 to CM6.1 I started getting that wonderful little H in the data connectivity area. Did CM just enable HSDPA for me or is it a T-Mo-just-got-off-their-rear end coincidence?

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA posted:

After I updated my venerable G1 to CM6.1 I started getting that wonderful little H in the data connectivity area. Did CM just enable HSDPA for me or is it a T-Mo-just-got-off-their-rear end coincidence?

It's a 'not originally having an icon to differentiate between 3G and HSDPA' thing.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

even just going from the recent nightlies to 6.1RC1?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
All of T-Mobile's 3G network has been HSDPA for a long time. Sounds like a fluke or something, because it should have been showing the whole time.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I guess this is a root question. I'm running Cyanogen 6 on my Droid, and I'm a little frustrated with the sound settings. With the stock, I can run through my volume, then vibrate-only, then silent. With Cyanogen, I can only have vibrate on Always, Never, only in Silent or only when not in Silent. There's no way to move from truly silent to just vibrate without diving into the "Settings" menu every time.

Anyone know a way around this problem?

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

The Modern Leper posted:

I guess this is a root question. I'm running Cyanogen 6 on my Droid, and I'm a little frustrated with the sound settings. With the stock, I can run through my volume, then vibrate-only, then silent. With Cyanogen, I can only have vibrate on Always, Never, only in Silent or only when not in Silent. There's no way to move from truly silent to just vibrate without diving into the "Settings" menu every time.

Anyone know a way around this problem?
The Power Control widget lets you do that, but no, the volume buttons don't work like that any more. I noticed the same thing coming from Sense on my Hero. When I hit the volume buttons all the way down, it would go to vibrate only, then silent and no vibrate. Now the volume control buttons only go down to Vibrate only, not completely silent. But I use the widget for that now, with the Sound modes option set to "Sound+Vib/Vib/Silent" which is what I want.

What version of CM6 are you running, because they changed those options a while back, but I don't know when. It's more clear now, I think.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
The volume rocker hasn't gone down to silent since 2.2 first hit, its part of aosp Froyo. CM6 has been like this since the start.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

even just going from the recent nightlies to 6.1RC1?

Yup, the H symbol was only added a few days ago.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

big mean giraffe posted:

The volume rocker hasn't gone down to silent since 2.2 first hit, its part of aosp Froyo. CM6 has been like this since the start.
In CM6.1RC1, the Settings -> Sounds menu has "Silent State" to let you do this now.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So I'm dumb and rooted my phone a long time ago but just left it with stock, did the 2.2 OTA's, and now it's messed up and thinks it's rooted but other programs can't see it. Can't backup program data without titanium backup working and SPR won't take to try rooting it the other way. So I'm thinking at this point that my best option is just to factory reset it to 2.1, root, and install CM 6.1. Haven't wiped it since I started so no harm and cleaning up all that junk I guess. Original Droid, any other ideas on what to do with it?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Eltoasto posted:

So I'm dumb and rooted my phone a long time ago but just left it with stock, did the 2.2 OTA's, and now it's messed up and thinks it's rooted but other programs can't see it. Can't backup program data without titanium backup working and SPR won't take to try rooting it the other way. So I'm thinking at this point that my best option is just to factory reset it to 2.1, root, and install CM 6.1. Haven't wiped it since I started so no harm and cleaning up all that junk I guess. Original Droid, any other ideas on what to do with it?

Can you get to it with ADB? Try re-rooting it that way.

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!

Mine GO BOOM posted:

In CM6.1RC1, the Settings -> Sounds menu has "Silent State" to let you do this now.

Awesome. I was annoyed that 2.2 took that out.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

chestnut santabag posted:

Yup, the H symbol was only added a few days ago.

What? No it wasn't. The H symbol has been in Cyanogen Mod since, like, CM4.

G1 has definitely had it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Can you get to it with ADB? Try re-rooting it that way.

Nope :sigh: Says it's a read only file system after going through the mounting and trying to push.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

Casao posted:

What? No it wasn't. The H symbol has been in Cyanogen Mod since, like, CM4.

G1 has definitely had it.

I've never seen it before, and now I'm not seeing the 3G where I used to. I bet it's a straight replacement for it.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I've never seen it before, and now I'm not seeing the 3G where I used to. I bet it's a straight replacement for it.

It's not. It's always been in CM, since like, the CM4 days. Unless it broke in the nightlies, it was there and working. I'm not even aware of a way to disable. Have you been skinning or something?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Casao posted:

It's not. It's always been in CM, since like, the CM4 days. Unless it broke in the nightlies, it was there and working. I'm not even aware of a way to disable. Have you been skinning or something?

I'm getting the 'H' for the first time since flashing the 220 D/S nightly (over CM6 stable). Now it could be my network rolled out HSPA+ on the same evening I flashed 220 but others on the Dream/Sapphire in other places have reported seeing the 'H' for the first time too.

Mine actually only shows the H during data transfers, its 3G when the connection is idle.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

dissss posted:

I'm getting the 'H' for the first time since flashing the 220 D/S nightly (over CM6 stable). Now it could be my network rolled out HSPA+ on the same evening I flashed 220 but others on the Dream/Sapphire in other places have reported seeing the 'H' for the first time too.

Mine actually only shows the H during data transfers, its 3G when the connection is idle.

Could've been broken in recent D/S builds, but I had it back in CM4 on my Magic.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I've had the H since CM6-RC1.

Primworm
Aug 19, 2008

Six pokeballs, more than enough to catch anything that moves.
When flashing from a nightly to say the 6.1 RC, should I wipe my data and cache, or would I be fine just going to the RC since its still cyanogen?

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I was able to update from 6.0 to 6.1 cyanogen without wiping, but make a backup*.

*always make a backup

BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

Just your run-of-the-mill bathroom tile.

Eltoasto posted:

I'm toying with the idea of rooting my Incredible but keep the stock ROM (don't feel the urge to use CM6 or Skyraider yet), so I could take screens, backup data, remove factory programs, etc. But now I see Eltoasto's post and am reconsidering rooting again. I still want to try rooting, so I have two questions:

(1) How should I prepare myself to avoid Eltoasto's problem? If possible, I'd like to avoid factory resets.

(2) If I were to just root and not use any other ROMs, could I still get OTA updates and still be fine and dandy?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I'm looking for a 2.1 ROM that contains a kernel with netfilter so I can get Wireless Tether to work on this stupid Motorola Cliq. Rooted 2.1 stock.

I found PureHandler 1.0 will work, but I can't find a working download for it anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas? All I need is Wireless Tether to work on this Cliq. Barnacle doesn't work either.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
Alright I have a major issue. I am using a HTC Incredible and something happened where my SD card kept saying it was full. I got the bright idea to format and it was a bad bad idea. After doing that I restarted my phone and it fell into a constant boot loop trying to load Cyanogenmod. I am fairly certain I accidentally formatted the internal storage somehow. However my phone will not mount the SD card no matter what I try and do. The only menus I can access are HBOOT by holding down and the power button, and then Clockworkmod recovery.

After realizing what I did and spending hours searching I stumbled upon this: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/6433-solved-messed-up-partitions-on-internal-storage/
And the only thing that happened after that was it seemed to completely remove Cyanogenmod from my phone but I STILL can not mount the sd card. every time I try and do it through Clockworkmod I get this error

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk1)
(Invalid argument)
Error mounting SDCARD:!

I've reformatted my SD card on my laptop with FAT32 three times so far so I know that isnt the issue, and Ive tried putting the PB31IMG.zip file on it to get HBOOT to recognize it and do an OTA program but since it wont mount the SD card it goes nowhere all I get is a flash of text on HBOOT that says no image. Ive tried clearing the storage, doing a factory reset, everything but nothing works. Does anyone have any idea what I can do at this point? Is my phone bricked?

EDIT: Tried a new SD card and now it will mount in recovery, Still not really certain where to go from here tho

EDIT 2: Put update-cm-6.0.2 on my SD card and installed, hopefully it boots....

Edit 3: still nothing HBOOT still says no image. I applied the CM update from the sd card but it didnt help still sits at the boot screen

Edit 4: FINALLY I got the PB31img.zip file to install with HBOOT and got back to stock. Thank god! Let this post be a warning about being an idiot and rooting your phone

Henchman 21 fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Oct 31, 2010

Secret Agent
May 19, 2006
You ain't seen me, right?
^^ Honestly you just sound unlucky - once you figured out the dodgy SD card, perhaps clearing Dalvik cache at the time of your 3rd edit would have got CM to load? At least you're never badly screwed if recovery works, right?

I had a bit of a self-inflicted nervous moment last night with my Desire - was following http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=805811 for S-Off, process seemed to complete, rebooted, then nothing! Hboot seemed okay and updated with S-Off, could get into recovery, but no ROM. Fine right, got a nandroid backup? Why yes of cou... oh no deleted that a couple of hours ago by accident, along with the titanium backup files!

I actually pretty much got away with this, I redownloaded CM6.1RC1, flashed that and everything, data and all, was back.

There isn't much of a moral here other than I am dumb and don't get casual about backups when loving about, because the one time you need it will be the time it isn't there!

Secret Agent fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Oct 31, 2010

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I just rooted last night using unrevoked 3 on my Evo, and I downloaded Fresh via the ROM manager. Do I need to do a data wipe to get a functional ROM? In the Evo thread I was told to delete the cache and the dalvik cache. How do you do that?

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

Munkaboo posted:

I just rooted last night using unrevoked 3 on my Evo, and I downloaded Fresh via the ROM manager. Do I need to do a data wipe to get a functional ROM? In the Evo thread I was told to delete the cache and the dalvik cache. How do you do that?

You should always wipe unless you're specifically told by the developer that you don't have to. When you install the ROM in ROM Manager it gives you a prompt to delete your data and cache and to back up your current ROM.

Otherwise you can do it manually by rebooting into Recovery and deleting it there + installing your ROM.

God Exists. fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 31, 2010

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

CM6.1RC2 is out for the OG Droid. I installed it directly over the 160 nightly and haven't had any troubles. Supposedly this was supposed to fix some of the market issues from RC1 that people were having.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

God Exists. posted:

You should always wipe unless you're specifically told by the developer that you don't have to. When you install the ROM in ROM Manager it gives you a prompt to delete your data and cache and to back up your current ROM.

Otherwise you can do it manually by rebooting into Recovery and deleting it there + installing your ROM.

After I install fresh does it come with a battery saving kernal or do you have to install another one?