Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

Munkaboo posted:

After I install fresh does it come with a battery saving kernal or do you have to install another one?

Check the XDA thread. I'm pretty sure it does come with a kernel, and you can always install other ones if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I'm sorry guys but I really need help finding a 2.1 ROM with a kernel that supports netfilter so I can get this Motorola CLIQ to work with Wireless Tethering. Supposedly from what I read, PureHandler does it, but I can not find a working download for it.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
I really like CM 6.1 RC so far but I absolutely detest the stock android dialer and contact apps. Does anyone know of any replacements that are full replacements? Every dialer I have tried is just that, nothing replaces the in call screen.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

travisray2004 posted:

I really like CM 6.1 RC so far but I absolutely detest the stock android dialer and contact apps. Does anyone know of any replacements that are full replacements? Every dialer I have tried is just that, nothing replaces the in call screen.

Because the in call screen is deeply tied into the OS, and it would take a ROM-level replacement to change this.

What exactly do you "absolutely detest" about them.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Okay so I just installed Fresh and am now restoring all my apps and poo poo with Titanium... what next?

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

Munkaboo posted:

Okay so I just installed Fresh and am now restoring all my apps and poo poo with Titanium... what next?

What do you mean, 'what next'? What do you want to do? There's a list in the OP of software you can install

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

God Exists. posted:

What do you mean, 'what next'? What do you want to do? There's a list in the OP of software you can install

I've got SetCPU, Wireless Tether, and the screenshot app. I dont know, anything else I should do? Specifically if I want to save battery life?

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

Munkaboo posted:

I've got SetCPU, Wireless Tether, and the screenshot app. I dont know, anything else I should do? Specifically if I want to save battery life?

If you want to save battery try setting your main SetCPU profile to conservative, and underclock it if you want. Also set a profile so that when your screen is off it is 460max and 245min. Also download JuiceDefender if you want to try that out.

edit- Some of the new kernels might handle CPU governing better than SetCPU so you might just want to not use SetCPU for a while and see how your battery life is. See here- http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/179761-kernels-setcpu-battery-comparison.html

God Exists. fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 31, 2010

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Casao posted:

Because the in call screen is deeply tied into the OS, and it would take a ROM-level replacement to change this.

What exactly do you "absolutely detest" about them.

It's ugly as poo poo, the dialer doesn't tie in with the contacts like the sense dialer does, and you can't search by dialing out the contact's name as in sense .

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Posted this a while back in the Evo thread with no luck, and just posted in XDA as well.

On my HTC Evo with the latest Fresh (although the problem was there on the first version too), I consistently keep getting the following message:

"Sorry!

The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectadly. Please try again"

Hit force close, it goes away and i keep doing what i am doing. How do i fix this?

I did already wipe.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

poo poo. I thought Titanium backup backed up all my homescreens too :( Oh well

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Munkaboo posted:

poo poo. I thought Titanium backup backed up all my homescreens too :( Oh well

Do you use Launcher Pro? Works almost perfectly on the backup.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

travisray2004 posted:

It's ugly as poo poo, the dialer doesn't tie in with the contacts like the sense dialer does, and you can't search by dialing out the contact's name as in sense .

Dialer One

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

travisray2004 posted:

So, in short, 2/3 are fixed with Dialer One and the other is so vague I'm going to ignore this.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Casao posted:

So, in short, 2/3 are fixed with Dialer One and the other is so vague I'm going to ignore this.

Universal search pulls up contacts anyways so that's a moot point imo.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

heat posted:

Dialer One

Thank you, good sir.

Casao posted:

Get it now?

Hope that isn't too "vague".

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

travisray2004 posted:

Thank you, good sir.

Get it now?

Hope that isn't too "vague".

No, because that's the same thing Dialer One is. The vague part was "ugly as poo poo".

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I successfully flashed Adlxmod 2.1.5 on the Cliq, but whenever I connect USB it constantly reboots as soon as it sees that it's connected to USB. What can I do?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

yamdankee posted:

I successfully flashed Adlxmod 2.1.5 on the Cliq, but whenever I connect USB it constantly reboots as soon as it sees that it's connected to USB. What can I do?

Flash it again.

Wipe and flash it.

These are always things to try. First is even non-destructive.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Thank you, that fixed it.

I'm so frustrated though. I spent my entire day trying to find a kernel for the Cliq that supports Wireless Tethering. I found this one and went through the whole process, and flashing the patch so Wifi would work. I chose this one because he said that iptables is included, which I associated with Netfilter. So I thought, great, this is at least worth a try.

Fire up Wireless Tether..."No Netfilter!"

UGH! I was told that it is possible to get Wireless Tethering to work on the Cliq. PureHandler supposedly has a kernel with Netfilter, but as I stated I cannot find a download for it anywhere.

Can someone please help me? 7 hours down the drain. I would REALLY appreciate any help.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

yamdankee posted:

Thank you, that fixed it.

I'm so frustrated though. I spent my entire day trying to find a kernel for the Cliq that supports Wireless Tethering. I found this one and went through the whole process, and flashing the patch so Wifi would work. I chose this one because he said that iptables is included, which I associated with Netfilter. So I thought, great, this is at least worth a try.

Fire up Wireless Tether..."No Netfilter!"

UGH! I was told that it is possible to get Wireless Tethering to work on the Cliq. PureHandler supposedly has a kernel with Netfilter, but as I stated I cannot find a download for it anywhere.

Can someone please help me? 7 hours down the drain. I would REALLY appreciate any help.

Not Handler. 2.1 rom but it mentions Tethering support. Download link works.

http://modmymobile.com/forums/548-motorola-cliq-roms/557448-rom-adlxmod-2-1-5-motorola-cliq-dext.html is the rom. Dunno if the link will work, I had to register.

That's apparently the same rom. It explicitly mentions Tethering support using Barnacle, not wireless tether.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Maybe try Barnacle and in settings, check the "Skip wpa_supplicant" box. It might or might not work for you, but I tried quite a few Wi-Fi tethering apps before this worked with Barnacle.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I checked the "Skip wpa_supplicant" box, but when I hit start, it just stays on starting. How long is it supposed to take for it to become active? It's just "Starting..." all the time.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

yamdankee posted:

I checked the "Skip wpa_supplicant" box, but when I hit start, it just stays on starting. How long is it supposed to take for it to become active? It's just "Starting..." all the time.

Have you tried a wipe and reflash? Pull up aLogCat or CatLog when you do this and see what's popping up in logs.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

Do you use Launcher Pro? Works almost perfectly on the backup.

Is Launcher Pro any good? I kinda like Sense.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Munkaboo posted:

Try it and see. Most of us love it and if you don't its easy enough to get rid of.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Casao posted:

Have you tried a wipe and reflash? Pull up aLogCat or CatLog when you do this and see what's popping up in logs.

I did almost nothing between now and the last time I wiped and reflashed, think it can still make a difference with Barnacle Tether?

I took a log but I don't know what to look for.

Edit: When you say wipe, do you mean take out the SD card and do WIPE ALL, or just wipe to factory settings?

Edit: I figured it out guys. Thank you so much for your help!!!

yamdankee fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 1, 2010

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

travisray2004 posted:

It's ugly as poo poo

I'm with you pal. Try Nubdial if you don't like Dialer One. Personally I still don't think either of them are as good as the Sense dialler.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

Munkaboo posted:

LauncherPro doesn't replace Sense applications like the dialer and contacts, just the launcher/widgets. I use LP with Sense, it's reliable and fast and you keep all the good things about Sense. The widget replacements in LP are just as good as Sense's and in some cases better. Except for the Photo Album widget which there is no good replacement for available yet.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010

MeKeV posted:

Has anyone with Titanium backup noticed that Minisquadron doesnt get listed/backed up.

Or am I doing something wrong here?

Is anyone else getting this? I've just read through the TB website and couldn't see any mention of missing/ignored apps?

The angry birds beta got backed up, but the new version doesnt get listed at all now.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can I just flash CM 6.1 RC1 over 6.0?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Captain Charisma posted:

Can I just flash CM 6.1 RC1 over 6.0?

This says you can. Just to do a Nandroid backup first. That's for the HTC Dream, though. Wouldn't think it varies per device.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

yamdankee posted:

This says you can. Just to do a Nandroid backup first. That's for the HTC Dream, though. Wouldn't think it varies per device.

Not really an issue, staying inside the same major version of CM is usually fine without a wipe - some people went CM5 -> CM6 with no wipe, but I wouldn't recommend it.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
So at the top of this page I was crying for help to find a kernel or a ROM with a kernel that has Netfilter so that the CLIQ could use Wireless Tether from Google code. PureHandler did it, but no download is anywhere. I got Barnacle to work, but I'm still wondering where PureHandler went. How does something just disappear out of thin internets like that?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

yamdankee posted:

So at the top of this page I was crying for help to find a kernel or a ROM with a kernel that has Netfilter so that the CLIQ could use Wireless Tether from Google code. PureHandler did it, but no download is anywhere. I got Barnacle to work, but I'm still wondering where PureHandler went. How does something just disappear out of thin internets like that?

Nobody caring about it enough to put up a mirror.

Come on dude, it's a CLIQ rom, that's slightly above, like, FLIPOUT roms in terms of importance to the broad community.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Oh yeah, I totally agree. But I'm just used to seeing stuff that was developed way older than this still up and downloadable from somewhere. But thank you, I sometimes need help getting perspective on things, haha.

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Hey dudes, I've just rooted my Epic and I'm trying to back up the ROM with ROM Manager, and it is not working. When I reboot so it will apply update.zip, it tells me it "failed to verify whole-file signature" and just gives up. Anybody already deal with this issue?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I assume you should be able to update like the rest of android devices, stick the new rom on the sd card (verify the md5sum) and do a nandroid/flash from your recovery.

edit: Looks like Press/Hold Vol down + Camera + power button during boot to get into recovery. Once in recovery, there should be an option to let you install custom roms from zip.

deong fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 1, 2010

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I can get into recovery. Here's how this went:

1) rooted phone
2) installed ROM Manager
3) in ROM Manager, clicked on "flash clockworkmod recovery"
3) clicked on "reboot into recovery"
4) phone reboots into stock recovery, tries to use update.zip, says it can't verify the signature, fails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

toby posted:

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I can get into recovery. Here's how this went:

1) rooted phone
2) installed ROM Manager
3) in ROM Manager, clicked on "flash clockworkmod recovery"
3) clicked on "reboot into recovery"
4) phone reboots into stock recovery, tries to use update.zip, says it can't verify the signature, fails

I've done several phones and ROM manager is iffy about recovery working. Sometimes you have to flash recovery and reboot a few times for it to work.

edit:

And on a Droid X you pretty much have to use Droid X Bootstrapper.