Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
gently caress, I really need some help. Evo with root with the newest Fresh and my Pandora and last.FM is still having random skipping songs issue, and pausing. On the Pandora website it says that the OTA update sprint putout fixes the audio quality problem, but I can't seem to find a fix for the random skipping and pausing of songs, it does it randomly after 5 songs, and then it does it over and over. I have been trying to find some help with this for awhile to no avail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

utonium posted:

When you open Superuser, do you see Titanium Backup listed? If so, tap on it, then hit Forget in the popup. Titanium Backup should ask you for root privileges again next time you start it.

If that doesn't work, with Titanium Backup open click menu -> More -> Reload Application. I had to do that after I kept getting the same error last week.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I am running the newest fresh release and I see I have a mandatory Voicemail update and it won't go away on the top of my screen from Sprint. Should I run the update for voicemail or will it break root and mess up my phone?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Skeezy posted:

I ran the update just fine, it doesn't break root or anything.

Hum, I just tried to update it and it kept failing, pressed retry 3 times and it never worked. Pressed the home key and the little voicemail icon went away at the top so no idea what happened. And when I open the Voicemail it says sorry there was a problem downloading the update.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
For some reason lately my CPU (on my Evo running the latest fresh) has been running at 98%-100%.

Right now It is running at 99.7% In the active applications it says:

com.smithmicro.dm, service, 12.2M
Gmail, Background, 18.6M
Google Search, Background, 12.5M
HTC DM, Service, 12.4M
HTC IQAgent, Service, 12.7M
Lookout, Background, 14.0M
Mail, Background, 14.7M
Market, Background, 23.9M
Messages, Background, 29.6M
Open Sense Plugin Manager, Background, 13.7M
People, Background, 14.9M
Settings, Background, 20.9M
Spare Parts, Background, 16.4M
SystemPanel Lite, Foreground, 16.0M
Titanium Backup, Background, 12.5M
Updater, Background, 12.5M
Voice Search, Background, 13.0M
Voicemail, Service, 13.4M

The phone is being super sluggish (the cpu is at 100%) and I can't figure out why. I don't understand why the updater would be running, and the rest of those I closed. Also while reading I saw the smithmicro could have to do with the updater?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Casao posted:

Does it persist across reboots?

It is usually hit or miss, but if I reboot and it doesn't go back to 99-100% it seems that it will start doing it again in about an hour of use. Should I rebooting at least once a day or every other day?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Rohaq posted:

Go into a terminal and type in the following command:
code:
top -m 10 -n 1
What processes are listed?

How do I go into terminal? Sorry I am still learning how to do everything.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Rohaq posted:

Go into a terminal and type in the following command:
code:
top -m 10 -n 1
What processes are listed?

Here are the name's of what is running:

top, system_server, com.htc.launcher, /system/bin/akmd, com.android.vending, jackpal.androidterm, async/mgr, suspend, sync_supers, bdi-default

Is that what you were asking for?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Rohaq posted:

Since 'top' is your top process, I'm guessing that nothing is using up a lot of CPU usage, although it should show the CPU usage in the list too as a percentage.

I don't understand what is happening then because it seems my phone will get super sluggish and lag alot. If I try and play Angry Birds it will start lagging, and dropping FPS, along with Mini Squadren. I will try doing the -m next time I notice this. Thanks again!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

brc64 posted:

I am at 2d 2h 30m with Fresh (EVO) and my extended battery right now. 43% remaining. The difference in battery life since I moved to an area with good Sprint coverage is night and day. I'm pretty sure I can hit 3 days now with average (for me) usage.

I am guessing you don't use your phone very often? Do you play games on your phone (Angry Birds?), What is your monthly data/txt usage? I swear I can get maybe 15 hours or more out of my phone with fresh and extended battery.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

brc64 posted:

Well, here are my current battery stats:

Cell standby - 26% (Time on: 2d 4h 17m 12s; Time without a signal: 1%)
Wi-Fi - 27% (Time on: 2d 3h 14m 48s) (This one helps a lot)
Phone idle - 26% (Time on: 2d 1h 12m 16s)
Android System - 9% (CPU total: 33m 53s; CPU foreground: 1m 10s)
Maps - 6% (CPU total: 11m 43s; CPU foreground: 44s; GPS: 15m 13s)
Display - 3% (Time on: 3h 4m 57s)
Voice calls - 3% (Time on: 26m 5s)

I really don't care much for Angry Birds, but I fire up Fruit Ninja occasionally when I'm bored or waiting for something. Most of my application usage is WordFeud and Facebook (probably my two most used apps). I don't have a lot of voice calls, as seen by <30 minutes in the past two days). I probably send and receive about 20 texts a day, on average.

I'm a light user, for sure. But back when I lived in an area with awful coverage, this same usage (even including the wifi) would give me about half as much battery life with this battery.

Ah ok this makes sense. I am never on wi-fi and I average 88 texts a day and average 88,838KB a day worth of data, but that number is scewed because of tethering lately. Also I have SMSPopup which I swear is killing my battery and takes whatever the usage that messaging takes up and doubles it.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I have been having some problems with my EVO 4g rebooting, and I have hardware 0003 which supposedly is known to have the reboot problem when it overheats... I was wondering how/what are the steps to get back to unrooted? I am running the latest Fresh ROM and I was wondering how I get back to stock and unrooted so I can go into the Sprint store and have them fix my loving phone. I can't use it heavily for more than 5 minutes without it loving rebooting.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
On my EVO I am running Fresh 4.2.0.0 and I want to trade it into sprint for the $150 credit. How do I get back to fully stock so I don't have any trouble at the sprint store??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

PREYING MANTITS posted:

You should be okay with Fresh on there. When I traded my Evo in the guy barely even glanced at it. He told me to keep the charger/data cord/memory card and just turned the power on and when it started booting he threw it (literally) in the drawer and proceeded to ring me up with my upgrade.

If you really want to cover your bases though, here is the stock rom which you can flash like normal. I didn't even bother with the firmware, just the rom itself. You'll still have a rooted phone but they definitely won't check for that. They just want to see if it powers on.

I ended up talking to the store manager and everything was fine but then he rebooted the thing and set it down and then of course the "fresssshhhh" screen came on and he was like uhhhh... Luckily he was cool about it and let me turn it in. He wasn't sure at first then I offered him a Google+ invite and he said what the hell, ha ha. Thanks for all the help!