Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can someone host the radio?

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/files/file/134-frg83-radio-5-12-00-08zip/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

What MIUI release should I be looking at if I have a N1?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Does MIUI auto brightness act wonky for anyone else? I can have it sitting on my desk and it will fade in and out, its really annoying. I just flashed today so its not out of date.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

What is the best way to flash a radio on a nexus one? I am running cm7 and rom manager.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Do I need to partition my SD card if I want to move apps to my SD card? I am running CM7 and have always been confused about this. N1 here.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

A quick question about apps2sd on CM7. I formatted my SD card in clockworkd recovery, then partitioned it with 1024 and 0 swap. Now, when I am in my phone under Storage SD card, its showing 2.7gb free. How do I make the phone use the 1gig partition? I just googled a bit, is this still valid?

The new ROM Manager now support SD card partitioning. You will also need to flash one of bekit's V0.8 kernels.

Installation process:

Start up ROM Manager.
Flash the newest recovery if there is an update..
# =====The next couple steps will not be necessary soon.=====
Make sure you have Developer mode on.
Go to the CyanogenMod download section.
Install one of bekit's V0.8 kernel. Choose "Stock" if you are unsure which to pick.
After the phone reboots, start up ROM Manager again.
#=====end of soon to be removed steps.=====
Choose Partition SD card.
Choose your ext and swap size (or choose the defaults if you are unsure).
Continue installation.

After the phone reboots, go into Settings -> Applications.
Enable Apps2SD.

Lastinline: do I need your script for apps? I don't get what advantage I have. My usual method is to install apps until internal fills up then use the SD card.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 23, 2011

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

LastInLine posted:

CM7 has no support for a2sd so you either need a script to flash in recovery in order to use your partition or an app that does the same thing. Fortunately there are both.

Easiest for you (but something I have no experience with) is an app called Simple2EXT. From my understanding you just install the app and within it there are options to move the applications and Dalvik to the EXT partition. (Unless you have a fast card you don't want data moved there.) This is CM7 only.

The script I mentioned in my post does the same thing but it's ROM-agnostic.

A couple notes:
  • You don't need a different kernel, no idea that what guide is saying
  • You'll need to set all your apps to Internal in CM7 and disable application moving. Settings > CM Settings > Application, uncheck the first option and change Install location to internal.
  • Once you have a2sd set up and running, Settings > Applications will report the wrong size when it shows your free space. You have to use the s2e app if you used that method or a2sd GUI if you used the script.

Does that make sense?
Yes. I don't know why it is so loving confusing but that helps. I thought CM7 would put the app on my ext3 partition.

Is this why my Applications is reporting my other partition? Because CM7 is using froyo apps2sd or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

LastInLine posted:

Actually yes, I forgot it does that. You're in the SD tab. All that number is is the amount of space on your FAT partition.

After you get a2sd set up and everything moved to internal you're never going to need to go into Settings > Applications. You'll instead either use a2sdGUI or Simple2EXT as both will show you correct statistics for your EXT partition, internal storage, and all your settings.

What method are you going with? dt-a2sd or s2e?

I am using s2e. That along with his freespace app its working good I guess? I can't tell if it is working though, when I install something from the market does s2e auto-move it to my ext3 partition?