Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
I've finally decided to root my Motorola Droid running Froyo 2.2 (build FRG22D).
.... then I realized Universal Androot won't work with FRG22D, but does work with FRG01B.

What's the easiest way to roll back to this update so I can use Androot? Or is this not possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

n0manarmy posted:

I don't think its possible without initially rooting your device. I went ahead and rooted using this walk through

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Just follow step by step and you should be fine. Also side note the moto software was not happy with windows 7. I had to use it on my xp machine.

Thanks man, just did it. Rooting that way was very simple. Hmmmm.... what should I do now that i've rooted my Droid?

Decisions. decisions....

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
I just rooted my Droid for the first time last week (actually exactly a week ago, the 26th) and i'm considering either CyanogenMod or Bugless Beast.

I'm using ROManager... and i'm kinda confused on which CyanogenMod to get. CM 6.1 RC1/RC2/RC3? Or should I just get CM 6.0?

I know I probably won't use the nightly builds, as I want stability. Plus i'm lazy.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

chomper posted:

I just rooted my Droid for the first time last week (actually exactly a week ago, the 26th) and i'm considering either CyanogenMod or Bugless Beast.

I'm using ROManager... and i'm kinda confused on which CyanogenMod to get. CM 6.1 RC1/RC2/RC3? Or should I just get CM 6.0?

I know I probably won't use the nightly builds, as I want stability. Plus i'm lazy.

I went ahead and flashed CM 6.1 RC3.

And when I mentioned how i'm lazy, I mean i'm really lazy. I didn't know flashing CM would "uninstall" all my apps and reverty all my settings so I restored a Nandroid backup from yesterday.

Are there any ROMs that basically leave all apps/settings/etc untouched and just affect the functionality/speed/look/etc of the OS?
Or maybe I just need to quit being lazy.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

Captain Charisma posted:

Do a Titanium Backup of your apps

Durrrr. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

A backup of my apps thru Titanium Backup does save settings, I assume?

Maybe I'll try it again... possibly Bugless Beast.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
Sorry if this has been posted/answered before, I tried searching to no avail.

I have a rooted OG Droid 1 (2.2 Froyo). Stock ROM and stock everything except i'm using SetCPU and have some Metamorph theme files installed (new battery, wi-fi, etc. icons for the notification/status bar.
Do I need to unroot my phone to install this new OTA update that has been pushed to my phone? If so, how is this done?

chomper fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 27, 2010

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
Anyone have a simple answer for this question with the least amount of hassle/headache?

chomper posted:

Sorry if this has been posted/answered before, I tried searching to no avail.

I have a rooted OG Droid 1 (2.2 Froyo - FRG22D). Stock ROM and stock everything except i'm using SetCPU and have some Metamorph theme files installed (new battery, wi-fi, etc. icons for the notification/status bar).
Do I need to unroot my phone to install this new OTA update that has been pushed to my phone? If so, how is this done?

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

yamdankee posted:

Having a bit of trouble with my wife's Droid 2.

She's been running Liberty 1.5 just fine for a few weeks. She decided to change to another theme in Liberty Mods and also change the system font. Everything was working fine until the font in WordFued's tiles (the letters on the tiles) are stuck on a certain font and it looks terrible. I tried installing the stock Liberty them and the stock system font. Everything changes except the letters in WordFeud's tiles.

I also tried uninstalling WF and restoring an old Titanium Backup, also didn't work.

Anything else I can try before I revert to a nandroid backup?

You might contact "hbwares", the creator of WordFued. Maybe it's a bug?

He's a goon too.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
So apparently I need to update my OG Motorola Droid to the new FRG83G...

Is this still rootable? Will my usual rooting method still work?

I would hate to upgrade and be stuck with stock.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

Penguissimo posted:

You might be better off waiting a few days/hours/minutes and just flashing a rooted FRG83G image, which I'm sure will be up on XDA before long.

Will do... in the meantime, is there any way to stop the constant pop up annoying me to update?

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
I just flashed CM7 to my OG Motorola DROID.... it's like I just got a new device. loving awesome.

My only problem is that i'd like to put a 1GHz kernel back on it, as CM7 comes with a 800MHz kernel stock.

Can I use ROM Manager to do this? Or should I just use my old method to flash a P3Droid kernel?

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
Anyone know what kernels are compatible with CM7-RC4 (2.3.3) on a Motorola DROID.

I want to overclock to 1ghz.

chomper posted:

I just flashed CM7-RC4 to my OG Motorola DROID.... it's like I just got a new device. loving awesome.

My only problem is that i'd like to put a 1GHz kernel back on it, as CM7 comes with a 800MHz kernel stock.

Can I use ROM Manager to do this? Or should I just use my old method to flash a P3Droid kernel?

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

Thornes posted:

I haven't flashed CM7 on my Droid yet, but I'm betting the Chevy kernel will work for you. It's in ROM manager (though I'm not sure if you need the paid version or not)

Just 'flashed' this through ROM Manager.... definitely works. Makes CM7 feel more smooth and zippy. just perfect. Thanks!

If you haven't tried CM7 before Thornes, give it a shot. I've had it for 2 days and absolutely love it.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

cptn oblivious posted:

How's your 3g performance? I've heard rumors that after you finish a call 3g won't start back up on its own.

Haven't experienced this at all....

I didn't do a wipe either, just a Nandroid backup.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
Me wanty CM7 final. :(

There is a sticky in the CyanogenMOD Motorola Droid forum that said it's uncertain when a final will be released, as "development is, and always will be, slow for the Moto Droid." :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

The General posted:

Nevermind everybody. I completely bricked :bravo:

That loving sucks. There's no way to un-gently caress it?