Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Anyone see how much progress the xda people have made on the Essential? The Pixel 2 "Experience, including launcher plus the pixel 2 camera through Magisk on a stock rooted Oreo build is the best experience I've ever had on an android phone. The Jelly text effect seems to be completely gone as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
I am going to say this a second time, a rooted Essential phone with gCam is honestly the best android experience in maybe the whole dang world

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Branch Nvidian posted:

Anyway, this isn’t about rooting, but is about firmware flashing, is this the same thing now (I haven’t “rooted” a device since the T-Mobile G1)? Basically I’m just wanting to know if it’s possible to flash the stock, basic-rear end firmware from a non-carrier branded Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+ onto a T-Mobile branded S10e/S10/S10+, in order to get all the pre-loaded shitware off it? I don’t want whatever the gently caress that dude up thread has, I don’t want to enable a bunch of features or overclock or any of that poo poo; just get the stuff T-Mobile preloads on the device actually off instead of just “disabling” it, and getting faster updates directly from Samsung rather than waiting for T-Mobile to do their thing with the updates.

It's way easier, download the patched odin then the u1 firmware for your specific device, reboot into download mode flash it and you're bloat free in about 15 minutes.