Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

I'm using the latest CM6 nightly (#216 on Nexus One), wanted to try out the power control widget inside the notifications bar. Really love the way it's running, but my GPS is no longer working :( any ideas what to try?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

On the subject of GApps, after I installed and entered my Google info, I got a list of checkboxes to select what apps I want to download and install (with the option of selecting none or all).

If I remember right, I think you can just tick off Market and then be on your way. This was on a Nexus One on builds #5 and #7, if that makes a difference.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

I'm interested in trying out MIUI for the N1. After doing a full wipe, I'm boot looping. Any ideas on what to do? I'm using the newest CM recovery and I think I have HBOOT 0.35 (how do I check this?).

e: and I have attempted wiping data, cache, and dalvik, all prior to installing the zip. No dice.

air- fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 25, 2011

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Check your HBOOT version by booting into the boot loader (volume up or down on boot up, can't remember).

Get a fresh copy of the ROM and English zip. One might be corrupted.

Oh I get it, the English zip gets installed after the Chinese one? I never grabbed the Chinese one so will go ahead and do that, thanks.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Another MIUI question: is the MIUI backup something separate from restoring your apps from the Market via your Google account? I did a nandroid restore back to CM7 since I couldn't figure out a way to quickly get my apps back after a fresh install of MIUI; guess I'll have to use Titanium for that until MIUI backup does it's thing?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

brc64 posted:

Does anybody running CM7 have a problem where sometimes setting screens do not appear, even though they are open? Or sometimes presses on checkboxes don't appear to show up even though they are registered by the app (happens to me mostly in Latitude)?

I'm on rc4 now, but this has happened to me on every build since the early nightlies. It seems to only happen after the device has been running for a while, and a reboot clears it right up, which makes me think it's memory related somehow.

Something similar happens to me too. I'll be adjusting a settings in a menu and I'll use trackball notifications as an example. When I go to try to set the color, the screen dims, indicating there's a pop up waiting for my response that would normally be there. However it doesn't appear and a reboot typically fixes the issue.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Is anyone else using QuickDesk on CM7? Every time I reboot, all of the widgets show "problem loading widget"and it's getting real annoying having to re add them. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using CM7.0.3 on a Nexus One.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

letsgoflyers81 posted:

You're not the only one, and it's not just QuickDesk. I had the same problem with WidgetLocker as well and that app's developer blames the Theme Chooser from CM7. Check his post about it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11805537&postcount=879

Thanks. Just used TB to uninstall it and that did it! I can live without themes, no big loss for me.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

The other day I was just messing around, and saw that long-pressing any of the settings buttons on the notification bar power widget in CM7 takes you directly to that specific settings menu. Wow, never knew that. :aaaaa:

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone have experience with XPART? Asking since I'm curious about trying this release of MIUI on my N1. I'm honestly not exactly sure what it is, so some more reading material would be real helpful.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Holy gently caress! MIUI was definitely not this good when I used it last. This is mind boggling awesome.

Wow that is sick. I was going to ask if they've cloned the Sense 3.0 lockscreen and it's not surprising they have. Very nice.

e: so I guess I'll try MIUI again. I don't recall it easily synchronizing my contacts/apps via my Google account, so what would be the recommended way to transition from CM7? TB?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Does anyone know a way for MIUI to pick up your stored WiFi access points, or will I have to back it up using something else besides Google's backup/restore service?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Penguissimo posted:

Things like browser bookmarks and call logs are a grey area; restoring them could work, but could also cause problems.

That's why I'd asked my question on backing up/restoring wifi access points further up the page. Doesn't look like Titanium could back those up in CM7 and restore them in MIUI, so if someone knows a good way to do that, I'd appreciate the help.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Penguissimo posted:

Oops, sorry, missed that one the first time around. Is there a reason you don't want to use Google's services for access points? That's how I've always done mine, although I've only really ever gone between different versions of CM. It did restore them for me across phones, though.

Well I was under the impression Google's service would work fine for all of that too. Have had no issues under every iteration of CM since Google's backup service started, but after initial install of MIUI, only my contacts and apps were restored.

I have a Nexus One and after doing a full wipe, installed MIUI 1.7.8. Keeping the access points is pretty important to me since I have settings saved for many places I regularly visit (friend's houses, bars etc). Would just be a pain to have to re-input all of those. I restored CM7 for now and will try again tonight.

And now that I'm asking questions, how do I go about using A2SD for MIUI? I'd just been using the built in one since Froyo, but if there's a better method I'd love to know.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

tehfox0r posted:

To use Swype in MIUI:

1. Install it on normal ROM
2. Backup the App with settings in TB
3. Flash MIUI
4. Install Swype from the beta.swype.com installer
5. Restore all app settings from the TB backup
6. Swype your loving rear end off

Followed these exact steps on the N1 and Swype keeps giving me a licensing error.

There's just many hoops to jump through on MIUI just to get a few basic things that I need running that it's not worth the effort. Going back to CM7.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Casao posted:

To install Swype on MIUI:

Install it via the beta.

That's it. That's all it takes. There's no hoops to jump through unless you're trying to use the pre-installed version from your ROM.

I actually tried both that and through TiBackup and it still threw licensing errors at me.

On top of all that, A2SD+ didn't seem to actually be installing the apps to sd-ext even though it saw the partition. Pretty odd.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

I keep having to reapply my widgets on every CM7 nightly I install since it shows "Problem displaying widget". It's a minor annoyance, but is this happening to anyone else?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

nimper/kim jong il/maker of shoes: None of the apps with widgets are on SD, they are all on phone memory and I am using LPP.

fake edit: Oh wait, saw LPP is on the SD card. Not sure how the hell that happened, but thanks!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

LastInLine posted:

Nothing special, just flash the CM7.1 zip, the GApps, then the a2sd script and reboot.

Seconding here that doing that worked just fine on my N1. Thank you for sharing the instructions on how to do it. I didn't realize it either and I truly saw the benefit once I moved the dalvik cache to sd-ext.

Another friend also had me benchmark speed with SD Tools and if necessary, changing them using SD Speed Increase. Tweaking the speed for the class 4 8GB card I'm using did feel like it helped.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Wagonburner posted:

How do I know if I need a new version of gapps___.zip? I understand some of the things in there will not update via the market.

I downloaded mine from a link on cyanogenmod.com early sept but it was dated like march I think.

Is it just talk/market that's included in that now? I know I've seen gmail and maps updating through market, not sure about youtube.

The latest one I've used is the 20110828 from here.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Deathlove posted:

I updated to Senseless a few nights ago and have been getting force-closes on gapps; will installing one of these fix that? If so, how do I tell which one? (EVO 3D, hboot 1.4)

I don't think so. They are separated because Cyanogen got a C&D from Google, and was told gapps are not allowed to be distributed with Cyanogenmod.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

brc64 posted:

Although I've seen people report this causing Facebook to outright crash, I revoked GPS privilege from Facebook and so far it seems to be behaving itself.

How do you do that? I'd like to do the same since it bugs me that GPS kicks in whenever I use Facebook.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

LastInLine, are there any kernels you'd recommend for CM7 on the N1?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Living Vicariously posted:

I just noticed that CM7 has the CPU set to "interactive". What's the difference between that and "ondemand"?

The SetCPU site had some information, but this has a little more detail on CPU governors and what they mean.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=843406

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Leathal posted:

Think it's called Zegoe

Edit: the wp7 font i mean

Spelling's close: Segoe UI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segoe#Segoe_UI

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Does anyone here have a GSM Evo 3D? I guess you'll likely be in Canada and using Rogers. I'm mainly shopping for the Nexus S i9020A, but it's looking like I may have an easier time finding a Canadian GSM Evo 3D.

I'm curious on how development is going for it, as well as how the ICS roms run and if you've had any big issues. Would love to hear more about it!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Franco kernel R71 added the configuration menu and the halfbreed preset (aka the stock ParanoidAndroid kernel's color settings) just turned the Nexus 4 display into pure bliss.

Configure your gamma with the following:
Whites 64
Mids 68
Blacks 118
Contrast 25
Brightness 4
Saturation 66
Greys 32

And if you want an APK to do it for you, check this link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37813933#post37813933

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Just received my Nexus 5, unlocked bootloader, rooted, installed Cataclysm rom and I keep getting an insufficient space error on Titanium Backup (which states the internal has over 20 GB free)

First thing I attempted was fix permissions in TWRP, I've tried changing the backup folder back and forth between /sdcard/, /storage/emulated, /storage/legacy, etc (my TitaniumBackup folder in all of these paths say folder is not writable), reinstalled SuperSU.

These have resolved the issue according to other responses in XDA, and I'm not sure what else to try. At this point, I'm contemplating making a nandroid backup, full wipe, reinstall, and running the update.zip I made from my Nexus 4. What am I missing?

air- fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 27, 2013

air-
Sep 24, 2007

LastInLine posted:

Fixing permissions never does anything so that wouldn't work but changing the backup folder location should. I've had the same problem and solved it that way.

Given that it's saying the folder is not writable I'm certain it's a root issue and specifically I think you have an out of date binary. You say you've reinstalled SuperSU but are you sure you have the latest binary?

IIRC, on that process - I use the removal/cleanup option in SuperSU, reboot, download from Play store, then I'm prompted to install the latest binary.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

LastInLine posted:

As far as I know, yes. I have more experience with Koush's Superuser.

I double checked I have the latest binary on SuperSu.

And screenshots:

Grabbed the .zip to flash in recovery and will try that next.

e: The obvious move took care of the issue. I just created a new folder within /sdcard/ :downs:

air- fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Yeah I'm pretty baffled as well. I had a similar problem on the Nexus 4 and it was fixed by changing from emulated to legacy. I adb pushed my Titanium Backup folder which was on my Nexus 4, and I actually also noticed other folders/files which I've pushed via adb aren't able to be deleted. In retrospect, I actually should have flashed an update.zip based on my N4 backups to begin with and made a fresh backup folder.