Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Are there any Droid 1 roms with HTC's Sense ported over (and preferably running 2.2)? I want to fool around with it but :google: hasnt really given me anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Anybody know any good Droid X2 roms? C7 hasn't been ported to it yet (though supposedly their working on it).

I just want one that has a comparable battery life to the stock phone, and doesent reboot itself once a day, and isn't broken (working bluetooth, GPS etc).

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Codiusprime posted:

Hey man, I responded to your edit in the other thread if you didn't see it.

Nah I saw it, was just wondering if anyone else had any opinions on it.

Thanks for answering though :)

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
If I root my phone and install a custom recovery and all this poo poo, does that all disappear and go back to completely stock if I use RSD Lite and flash an SBF to my phone?

Asking just in case I need to exchange my phone for warranty reasons down the road.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Wow right now the ROM scene or the X2 is pretty bad. I flashed a couple of custom roms last night and pretty much immediately SBF'ed back to stock.

I think someone is porting CM7 over to it, though.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Anybody have an reccomendations for a good ROM/Kernel combination to throw on an old OG Droid I have? I want to give it to my little brother, so I'm looking for something stable :)

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

rotaryfun posted:

I was using whatever Peter Alfonso had out at the time when I had that. Was always my best experience.

Thanks, I'll look into it. I' really just looking for something nice and lightweight...IIRC CM 7.1 started to get pretty bloaty.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

rotaryfun posted:

Yeah he put out basically the purest AOSP experience that I was able to find when I used that. Which actually ran really well compared to what else was out there.

Nice, I'll have to give it a try :) did you use a custom kernel at all?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
On Verizon, which phone has better custom Roms? The Incredible or Fascinate?

I know they're both fairly popular to rom makers, but I'm looking for the one that has the best CM9/ICS rom.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
If you put CM7 onto an Incredible, does it re-partition the app space so you won't constantly get low-memory warnings like lots of people are getting with stock incredibles?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Ah interesting. Has anyone here ever done this? The fix looks like it's independent from any ROM, so does it work with any ROM?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
What's the recommended app for freezing system apps and processes, stopping them from automatically running?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Nintendo Kid posted:

If you're finding yourself doing this a lot, you should probably consider running a custom ROM, or a different custom ROM from what you're using. You can quickly end up breaking things if you freeze a lot of system apps.

It's kind of a story, but I'll say why I need it. Motorola broke something in that 4.4.2 update for the Razr M and HD, making one of their programs run out of control when using the phone on gsm networks. There's a whole thread in their support area about it, with acknowledgment from their devs.

Multiple people have reported that if you freeze the offending app/process, the problem goes away. I wasn't even planning on rooting my phone, but here we are.

So, what's the best app to go about doing this once I get rooted?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Tunga posted:

Can you not just use Android's built-in method of disabling system apps? Or did Moto block that for whatever this app is?

Blocked.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Yeah, well this is all put on hold for the moment since it doesn't seem like anyone has discovered a root method for the latest OTA update that my phone got :( (RazrM 4.4.2 with kernel date of June 25th)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

datajosh posted:

Have you tried TowelPieRoot? Not sure if it'll work for the RAZR M or not - Towelroot on its own worked on the RAZR M I tried it on but it had an earlier kernel date.

Yeah, I tried Towelroot but it only works on a kernel date earlier than what I have :(

I'll try the other one now...i'll edit with my results.

E: does not seem to work, oh well.

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 1, 2014