Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

tzirean posted:

This looks like it worked, thanks. I installed VZ Navigator for Incredible off the Market. Titanium no longer lists it as uninstalled. Am I safe to let the OTA update run from here (I don't especially care whether I lose root, I can reroot some other time if I need)?

There's a detailed guide here- http://solo.dc3.com/dinc/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

tzirean posted:

Mounting /system doesn't actually mount any drive I can access on my PC.
It does. You have to move them using ADB push commands in the command prompt. But you don't have to do them at all, you can move the apps into system/app using Root Explorer.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

tzirean posted:

I don't understand. But since I reinstalled VZNav from the market, I can skip 2 entirely?

I don't understand why you're stuck. If all your crapware is restored you don't have to worry about adb mounting or whatever, you can move on to step 3.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

KarmaticStylee posted:

by doing nothing more than rooting and removing the Sprint junk I have seemingly doubled by battery life.

No you haven't, that's nonsense.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma
It's in the OP. Use TypeFresh to easily change and back up your fonts.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

emoltra posted:

Is there any way I can readd the HTC sounds / wallpapers after flashing to CM6? (and no I'm not asking because I want that godawful default sound)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=807763

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

helsabot posted:

I just rooted my evo yesterday, and I'm trying to get wifi tether to work...My computer can see my phone, but when I try to connect, it stops on the 'Waiting for network' part of the connection. I tried reading some forumsy stuff about it but there's lots of unix talk that makes me completely glaze over. Is there some easy trick to getting wifi tether to work?

Try enabling wifi-encryption and see if it works.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

ddogflex posted:

A little update to this, changing the fonts back to DroidSans fixes it, changing them to helvetica again it does the same thing with all messages in Gmail being bold. What the hell. Nowhere else do I notice the wrong font. I forgot to mention in the last post, I'm using Type Fresh for this now.

You need two fonts to use, a Helvetica Regular font and a Helvetica Bold font. Are you doing this or are you using the same font for both?

Try setting your bold font to something different like Palatino Bold or something and see what happens.

God Exists. fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 18, 2010

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

Aatrek posted:

For rooted DInc users - the most recent version of Virtuous ROM is the stock Incredible Sense with the new OTA update baked in. Worked like a charm for me, and avoided all the trouble of trying to get the OTA to install on it's own.

The stock kernel v4 has some amazing battery life too, the best I've seen.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

Ashex posted:

Can someone running MIUI on a Nexus One go to http://aljazeera.net/ on their phone and tell me if the arabic shaping displays correctly (letters should be connected in words)?

You might be able to flash these libraries and make it work.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma
Yeah, it's hosed up. Hope that gets fixed in Gingerbread.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

Ashex posted:

I'm running CM6.1 RC which does it correctly, I'm curious about MIUI but not enough to flash it and mess with it as my whole reason for using CM is arabic

There's libraries available for MIUI (added very recently, apparently)

http://ardoid.com/?p=27

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma
I've had only good battery life with Virtuous. What kernel are you using? The latest stock one is good.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

Aatrek posted:

I use the "Full ROM" from this page: http://www.virtuousrom.com/p/download.html

Try the latest stock Kernel available in ROM Manager. I haven't got less than two days of use out of a single charge since I started using it (around 8-9 hours of awake time) on a 1300mah battery.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma
Virtuous is awesome, there's a lot of neat customization options he bundles with it and the kernels are second to none in terms of battery life.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma
They're really slow and unresponsive, they're not worth it even rooted.

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma

FogHelmut posted:

I have an HTC Evo with Unrevoked 3. I guess I need more root?

I think you might need S-OFF for adfree to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Exists.
Sep 26, 2010

by Ozma
LauncherPro isn't ROM-dependent afaik but you won't be able to restore any of your widgets (except LP ones), just your icons and settings.