Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

These are all sort of things that I liked about Pure Nexus on my Nexus 6P.

Stock Android + stuff thats already in android, but disabled most of the time for whatever the hell reason.

Question, though, does it have the tweak to swipe the bottom bar to shrink the screen for one handed mode?

Also what about data transfer speeds and arrows in the status bar?

Just the 2 things I like that are never in stock android it seems. Living with crappy internet its nice to see actual numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Sweet, Unfortunately Xposed looks to still break SafetyNet. Nuts.

Dammit Beans, get Pure Nexus cooking again. :argh:

You have 2 P2XL's to work with even.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

That's where Magisk comes in. Just flash it and it should root and hide both the root and bootloader allowing AP to work again.

But AP breaking because you cant hide exposed is a bummer. The main/only reason I root these days is Titanium backup for certain apps that still don't have cloud backup, and Tethering on my ancient Sprint SERO plan.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

I'm gonna have to check that out.

Does it still work with the 360 Camera as well?

I really hope Essential can put out a good 8.1 build soon and with that, make it literally the Essential Pixel.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

You can now use WinAmp in a browser even (Just saw this today actually so great timing!)

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Well to be fair, it gives you YouTube Music and Play Music which is pretty good if you aren't all sperg about streaming audio quality and all. (Also the Family pack is pretty sweet to share between 5 people and not have to mess with anything on their devices.)

But I also root (Mainly for Tether) and when Beans ever gets back into the game, flash the Pure Nexus rom because it's like all the rooted stuff I want, without the need to root. Hell it even has fixes and security bits added in that aren't even added in the official roms until a month later usually.

Sadly he's been slow to finish up the 8.x/Pixel2 stuff yet. Oh well.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

kensei posted:

Does anyone happen to have the old Cyanogen Mod Nook color image around? I recently acquired a couple that were retired by my family and I would like to try and make them a little more useful.

Thanks!

I actually might. Leme see if I can dig them up.

Also do you want to be able to dual boot stock + CM or just swap completely over? The Stock OS still works for B&N books and content right? Just the appstore is useless now I think.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

sourdough posted:

Subscribe to Google play music or YouTube premium or something?

This. I share a Family account for Play music with the family which eases the cost and brings the benefit of no ads at all to everyone. It is really nice.

That and YouTube TV since screw paying for cable TV. (And I have an actually good Comcast deal right now for Just internet which is kinda crazy).

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Pretty much the only reason I still root is for Tethering (which if SERO gets ported to SWAC in the future, then I may no longer need to do this) and for a reliable complete backup solution (Titanium Backup).

Sadly I don't see Google ever getting the 2nd thing ever figured out as unless an app opts into cloud backup, its a crapshoot if you can back it up manually or not. Titanium Backup makes it extremely easy to do a clean wipe and restore specific apps that have a lot of data that doesn't get backed up automatically or at all. (Chrome Tabs for example... :v: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

sourdough posted:

I just use wifi

What if you have capped wifi?