Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Are you guys running CM6 on the Hero not getting a lot of force closes? I seem to get one on one app or another at least once a day, something that never really happened on most of the 1.6 ROMs I ran before this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Been running an older build of CM6 on my Hero for about six months now and finally decided to give CM7 a shot. After wiping, flashing the .zip, and rebooting, the phone freezes up at the "Touch the Android" screen and I have to pull the battery to get it to reboot. I've tried the 3/22 and 3/26 builds several times with the same results. Any suggestions?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

fishmech posted:

You need to make sure /system and /data partitions are mounted while you flash the google apps zip to the device. Enter recovery, make sure system and data are mounted, flash the cm7 rom again and then flash the google apps zip as well.

Okay, I did that and now it gets to the "touch the android" screen, locks up, then goes back to the ANDROID animation, basically getting stuck in a reboot loop.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

I Dont Like You posted:

Just for reference, what recovery are you running?
Running the latest clockworkmod. Recently updated from RA 1.5.2 if I remember correctly, which was giving me similar issues after flashing cm7. I also forgot to mention this is the aosp version I'm flashing.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

I Dont Like You posted:

This is definitely not true for the Hero.

I know you said you've wiped before flashing, but did you just do the wipe/factory reset, or did you go into Mounts & Storage and format /boot, /data, /cache, and /system?

I only did the wipe/factory reset, do I need to do all the formats? I appreciate the help, I've flashed probably 10 ROMs since rooting my phone a year ago and never had any issues. Guess there's been a few changes in the past six months or so that I haven't touched the phone.

edit: Okay, this is what I've done:

- Wipe/Factory reset
- Format /boot, /data, /cache, and /system partitions
- Mounted /system and /data partitions
- Flashed CM7
- Flashed gapps

Still getting stuck in a reboot loop.

dphi fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 29, 2011

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

z3bracak3 posted:

The only thing that seems to work is downloading the rom on my computer, putting on my SD card and then flashing it from there either in CWM or manually in recovery.

This is the way I'm doing it, flashing in recovery. I tried the latest CM7 nightly instead of the AOSP version - no reboot loop, just gets stuck at the HTC screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

heat posted:

How long is it stuck at the HTC screen? Because when you flash a new ROM the dalvik cache has to be rebuilt and that takes a few minutes.

I waited about 25 minutes.