Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

big mean giraffe posted:

The volume rocker hasn't gone down to silent since 2.2 first hit, its part of aosp Froyo. CM6 has been like this since the start.
In CM6.1RC1, the Settings -> Sounds menu has "Silent State" to let you do this now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
I have a TMobile Vibrant I use on AT&T and while traveling. I got it running smoothly with the original ROM (and GPS finally showing me as being in the same state). I've been waiting to go to 2.2 until T-Mobile releases a 2.2 version for the community to work with, but with them promising it a few weeks ago and the Canada one rolling back, I figured I should just go with what is out there.

XDA has like 30 2.2 Vibrant roms. Which one is recommended for stability and GPS still working?

Side note: G1 with the new radio + 2.2 is so sweet.

b0nes posted:

Also tell me why a few amateur programmers can get 2.3 ported to phones but big companies full of professionals can't do it?
If your XDA ROM crashes a couple of times and requires you to wipe your data, you are ok with it. If your OTA update so much as makes the browser sometimes crash, you'll call them up to bitch and try to get a replacement phone.

Mine GO BOOM fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 18, 2010

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002

Sir Unimaginative posted:

is a pile of poo poo. Phone in *#*#3214789650#*#* and do the following:

[.. Normal Stuff ..]

Then get EclipSim's "GPS Status & Toolbox" off the Market, and go into Tools > Manage A-GPS State > Reset.

Enjoy getting 7-point fixes in EMI hotboxes indoors.

Holy poo poo, resetting the A-GPS and letting it download a fresh file just improved GPS from getting a lovely signal to maybe 3-5 birds and see a flat line for the others in the sky, to actually getting a measurable signal to every one it sees in the sky (getting the lock is still hit-or-miss).

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002

ExcessBLarg! posted:

A 2.2 ROM is another good option (sorry, I have no recommendations)
Team Whiskey is the CyanogenMod of the Vibrant world. I've been using them since the official 2.2 ROM came out, and have been happy with my battery life and stability.

They do use voodoo (magic poo poo to upgrade the crappy file system), so heed their warnings about if you switch to a non-voodoo compatible ROM (say the official one).

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002

madkapitolist posted:

I have the COS-DS rom installed on my G1 (this one) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=11293013

Its a little slow in general getting around it also crashes sometimes when I try to get to the phone dialer, Anyone else have these difficulties? Any other gingerbread rom reccomendations? Anyone try Yoshi?

It is a bit slow, but I have not had any crashes. When you first flashed, did you not log in, wait 5-10 minutes, restart then start to modify/log in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002

Godzilla07 posted:

Since this might be a CM7-related issue, posting it here. I can't update more than 2 apps at a time for some odd reason. I get a "Not enough memory" error, when I've got 800 MB of internal storage left for apps. Anyone else have this?

Not having this issue, but it seems like it might be that your cache mount maybe full, and it is having difficulty figuring out what to move out of the way. Next time this happens, try flushing your browser's cache and see if that clears it up. If so, report it as a bug to CM.