Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!

chippy posted:

Hmmm. This appeared to work, but I can't install the new one still. Boo. :smith:

Did you reboot after uninstalling it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

CM 6.1 RC1 is out - http://www.cyanogenmod.com/home/cyanogenmod-6-1-0-release-candidates

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Mein Eyes! posted:

Thanks. Am I right in thinking that the N1 FM receiver will be included in 6.1? I've been looking forward to that for a while.

Yup it's there.

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Mine GO BOOM posted:

In CM6.1RC1, the Settings -> Sounds menu has "Silent State" to let you do this now.

Awesome. I was annoyed that 2.2 took that out.

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Does anyone have the problem where their phone screen will just not come on? I know the phone wakes up because the buttons light up like they normally do, but no screen.
It happens to me every couple weeks it seems. The only fix is to pull the battery.

CM7 on AMOLED Nexus One.

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Excuse the newbie questions. I just picked up a HTC Sensation because a family member lost their phone and I'm giving them my Nexus One. Should I even bother trying to root the Sensation now, or should I just use it stock and wait for the Samsung Galaxy SII to come out on T-Mobile (using Costco's 90 day hardware exchange policy)?

I'm very used to CM7, and like it. But the only real feature of rooting I used was tethering.

It looks like "wireless hotspot" is built into Sense on the Sensation, but do they charge extra for that?

Is it even possible for me to transfer my SMS messages from the Nexus One (CM7) to the Sensation (Stock Sense)?

Thanks!

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Thanks for the quick reply. I can't find any information on how much tethering costs... are you sure it's extra on t-mobile US?

Looks like SMS Backup is exactly what I needed, thanks!

I'm thinking for now I'll just not worry about rooting and get used to Sense, which doesn't seem too bad so far.

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Just picked up the t-mobile version of the galaxy S2. Without an actual home button I am finding the instructions to get the phone into download mode / recovery mode aren't working. Am I missing something obvious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Yeah, I am reading around that people aren't having much success with rooting this phone right now. I'll wait.

Thanks!