Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Not sure where to post this, but I'll try here first. Anyone aware of an idiot's guide walkthrough for getting ADB working on Linux? I'm trying to root a Fire tablet (HD 10 - 2017) and have followed about a dozen guides but the device never shows up when I run adb devices. Device is in developer mode with ADB activated, so I'm assuming it's got to be a problem on the PC end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Nevermind. I guess it was the cable I was using. Showed up as charging so I assumed it was working. Swapped it for another and it worked right away. *sigh*

EDIT: But, thank you so much for the reply!

Tuxedo Gin fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Oct 3, 2020