Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

Gokiman posted:

my evolution

dawwww

But yeah pay for juice defender ultimate, it owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

godzirraRAWR posted:

I think I'm addicted to sense.

The only thing I liked about sense were the two little arrows used to select text, and since that's gingerbread native now I can't fathom what you're addicted to.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

Nuts and Gum posted:

After hearing nothing but praise for CM7 I tried it on my EVO and it was a giant turd; almost nothing works out of the box. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Sense roms? In any case, I abandoned it, wish I could be of more help.

Maybe something went wrong because everything in CM7 for the EVO works out of the box except the GPS (sometimes) but there is an easy fix for that.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
What happens when you power on while holding volume down? Can you get to the bootloader with something like Quickboot?

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
Sorry, quickboot is an app that lets you reboot into the bootloader or recovery. Are you holding down the volume button when you release the power button?

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
Why doesn't that guy post a goddamn MD5 sum? No way I'm flashing a radio without one.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
Uh, doesn't the WiMax backup just backup your RSA keys and MAC address (and not all that other stuff)?

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

peepsalot posted:

I've been running CM7 on HTC EVO, and often lately when I press the power button to bring up the unlock screen, it doesn't come up, or sometimes it will come up so delayed that it flashes on screen for a fraction of a second before it times out and goes back to black screen. Has anyone else experienced this unresponsive lock screen issue, or knows what is causing it?

I've had a similar problem where I have to hold the power button down for at least a second to get the screen to come on, but it only happens on the first boot after the battery died completely.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
Who knows when I'll actually recieve the EVO 4G LTE I preordered, but apparently the RUU of the stock ROM has already leaked, so hopefully there will be a rooted stock ROM ready before the phone gets released from customs (next week? June? a month after the iPhone 5 comes out? never?)

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
I'm pretty happy that people are already fixing the stupid buttons on the One X / Evo 4G LTE. If I could get long press on home to be recent apps and the recent apps button to be a search (or menu) button it would be gravy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
That does sound useful, too bad HTC decided I wouldn't want it. The recent apps button IS stupid, they should have left it as long press on home instead of infringing on screen real estate with the new menu button/black bar. Right now the home button long press does... nothing.

heat fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 25, 2012