Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Ozmodiar posted:

Titanium Backup question -

I just installed CM7 RC1 and was about to do a batch restore of apps+data when I noticed that there seems to be quite a lot of "old" data that TB is loading. And when I say old, I mean like MANY backups ago when I was still using Sense ROMs.

How do I clean up these backups to make them more organized and useful?

When I found I had tons of extra poo poo I didn't need, I went through and restored all the apps and data I actually needed/wanted, and then did a mass delete once I made sure things were all set up, and then did another complete backup. Probably an easier way, I know you can tell it to delete all backups for apps that aren't installed for instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

decoy octopus posted:

I'm not just getting lovely wifi signal (I'm about a foot from it and I'm getting two bars) I'm getting lovely (At least according to the readout on the phone itself) cell phone signal, I'm in a 3-4 bar area and I get consistently 1 bar on CM7, I'm probably just going to go back to stock

FYI CM7 and Sense use different numbers for 'signal' and bars mean absolutely nothing. Check your actual decibel rating, because the ROM itself is 99% likely to have 0 effect on actual signal.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Shame about that locked bootloader, that would be the phone of the year IMO if it was open.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Maker Of Shoes posted:

We can count on Motorola locking bootloaders until the end of time.

The original Droid was so perfect in every way for what it was and when it came out. I don't know why Motorola would purposely lock the bootloader when they're the only ones doing it like that. Regular people aren't going to know enough to root their phone and gently caress with the bootloader, and nerds like us are just going to avoid their poo poo because of this whole fiasco.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

fishmech posted:

Honeycomb is months from having source released and the CM team doesn't like to work on a version of android without the source.

Says who? The xoom comes out very soon, so it could be any time after that.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I've been on CM7 nightlies since the first #8 for the Nexus One and it's been my daily driver.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Skeezy posted:

What's up with the new CM7 nightlys being on hold?

Merging in 2.3.3

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Casao posted:

Too bad their are giant gently caress-off issues with CM7 for NC right now, like the Market being half broken. It sucks, I haven't been able to update an app since installing.

I had a big issue with apps not updating and the market and some other stuff being a little fubar when I went to the latest nightly for N1 from the RC, so I'm hoping once they start putting more out it'll be working again.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Casao posted:

It's related to the DPI - My Apps is inaccessible, and apps that are installed when I try to view their page will just go "lol nope" <--- direct quote.

Mine just does absolutely nothing except sits and mocks me when I hit the "OK" button after viewing an app's permissions. I got angry and said gently caress it because I didn't have time to deal with it.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
So, anyone bothered to read the CM changelog lately?

quote:

Common: Notification profiles - Martin Long
A great feature I missed from the Blackberry days.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Root explorer is pretty fantastic if for nothing else but deleting the "camera shutter" and "video record" audio files that annoy the piss out of me.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

LastInLine posted:

Which files and path are these? I've been meaning to delete them myself, but I forget and I so seldom use the camera to remind me.

/system/media/ui I believe.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Wow the latest version of CM7 for N1 has a way easier time getting a GPS lock. Took about 15 seconds indoors in my apartment, where as before outside it could take upwards of a minute or two.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Rohaq posted:

God drat, you're trying to convert me from CM7, aren't you?!

Yeah once MIUI is up to 2.3.3 I am gonna give it a serious go with features like that.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Does that whiny bastard not realize that the S is the new dev phone?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

dissss posted:

Are you sure about that? Mine only goes green when there is an actual transfer in progress.

Mine's green 99% of the time, and yes, he's right.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Did you not make a backup with titanium backup?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Solly posted:

I do but only for data, its not as reliable for restoring full apps, also it would take forever since I can't see a backup all option anywhere.

Titanium Backup works just fine for restoring full apps including market links, I've used it many, many times. And it most certainly does full backups, mine's set to do so every night automatically at 3AM while I sleep.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

TheReverend posted:

Is anyone having issues with google talk not synching on cm7?

I did on an old version of the rom with an old version of google talk. Make sure to update your gApps.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

travisray2004 posted:

Yeah....what? I've only had one backup not work and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with user error at the time.

Especially considering ROM Manager just throws you into a NANDROID from your recovery.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Solly posted:

out of 5 backups I have tried guess how many have worked? gently caress all. And im sorry but backs up correctly most of the time is not adequate for something that you rely on to back things up. Whats the point of a backup if there is a chance it didn't work?

Edit: not forgetting clockworks half assed sd formatting and complete lack of the full wipe wiping anything but the user data.

Your weird hiccups are not even close to the norm, Cyanogen wouldn't include something lovely that barely worked in his ROM. I've made a ton of backups over the past 6 months or so via CWR and never had a single one not work.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Plus if you're lazy, automatic nandroid and flashing of an update.zip is a pretty great set it and forget it feature.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

rotaryfun posted:

Am I missing out on anything by running launcher pro in cyanogen rather than ADW that it comes with?

No, it's down to personal preference.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Have you changed the noise in the messaging app itself, and not just the phone's settings menu?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
What he said, 99.9% of apps have their own settings for notifications. Unless you use CM7, which now supports profiles.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Slopehead posted:

Okay so riddle me this batman, how the heck do I get the alarm clock to use a specific track to wake me up instead of having to add it as a ringtone, then select it.

Add it to your sd card in /media/audio/alarms/ I believe. Never added custom alarms though.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
They work like blackberry profiles and can be quick switched from the shut down menu. Lets you make custom sound profiles you can switch between quickly.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Casao posted:

Incredibly slick. New lock screen looks good, new notification tray owns, the way pop ups work owns. New settings is nice, though trackball wake doesn't appear to be working on my N1 at the moment.

I do have today off, maybe I'll look into this. What's the main site for the N1 version?

*edit* Should I just dig around on MIUI-Dev.com forums and find it?

big mean giraffe fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 25, 2011

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Casao posted:

Go there and click the giant Roms button up top.

Yeah I ended up doing that after I posted, and I'm currently making a nandroid in anticipation. MIUI includes the google apps right?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
For some reason it wouldn't let me start downloading apps from the market until I connected to wifi. I'm really hoping that doesn't continue past an initial hiccup. I am really liking the UI overall though.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Jewce posted:

Aside from the trackball wake not working and things not downloading from the market I also have the issue of Hsdpa not working. Oh well, I'm sure these bugs will get worked out.

Yeah these are pretty annoying though, I can't seem to download anything other than via wifi.

Anyone have icon theme suggestions?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Charisma posted:

I downloaded MIUI for the Incredible, and I like it a lot. However, I've run into a pretty annoying bug and wanted to know if it's common.

My TB restored Launcher Pro, so I went into it. I wanted to become more acquainted with the stock MIUI launcher, so I tried to go back to it. But Launcher Pro wouldn't stop being the default. So I uninstalled it.

I played with the MIUI launcher, and decided I'd rather have Launcher Pro. I reinstalled it, and...nothing changes. Set LP to default. Nothing changes. Reboot. Nothing changes. :psyduck:

Under settings click the Programs tab, and then Default Program Settings. Check the Default Launcher setting.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

brc64 posted:

Fairly minimal... and my biggest drop definitely corresponds with a lengthy screen on time (waiting for class to begin yesterday). But that's normal usage for me, and 2 days easy with normal usage is definitely something I can live with!

Do you ever actually use your phone? Seems like it spends most of it's time sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Actually it's a CM7 feature too.

Settings - Call Settings - Turn over silence

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
So just customize the ones in the CM settings to blink faster?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

St. Blaize posted:

I've looked everywhere but can't find where to do this. Do you know where I might be able to find this?

CM Settings > Interface > LED Notifications > Miscellaneous (under applications) and then whatever app you need.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

St. Blaize posted:

Thats where I was looking before, no blink intervals for the leds in there though.

Once you select something (for instance Messaging) it has Category, Flash color, Blink rate, Custom color, Flash test and NOTE:. Do you not have all those options?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

melon cat posted:

Dammit. I've been trying to install Android Debug Bridge and ADB isn't showing up in my Device Manager. Despite having installed SDK and updating it I can't get the prompt to work. Any ideas? I've been having so much trouble getting a custom ROM installed on my Optimus P500 that I'm thinking of just giving up on the whole thing. :(

If you're on Windows, you don't "install" ADB as much as navigate to the directory it's in in the SDK directory and run it from the command prompt.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Drevoak posted:

My god, I love taking the jump from standard modified roms to CM. Was floored when I did it on my Hero and I just took the jump on my Shift and I still am impressed. However I have an issue. Titanium Backup cannot restore my apps or data. If I attempt to restore both app and data, TB says that it failed. If I just restore the app, it says it completed, however I cannot find the app installed. What is causing this?
There's some setting TB needs on in order to work right, I wanna say debugging or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

LastInLine posted:

You know some Nexus Ones don't even work as phones, right?

Is this just some bad joke?