Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded
CM6.1 not available for the Droid yet...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded

Kuvo posted:

Reading this thread has convinced me to root my Moto Droid. I remember reading a while ago that Bugless Beast was the de facto ROM for a Droid but it seems like CyanogenMod is the new hot thing. Could someone with experience with both of them give a quick pro/con on the two?

Also, sorry for the newbie questions, but is installing a custom ROM really as easy as rooting it, backing up the apps, and installing the ROM you want? Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like that's a bit too easy.

CM6.1 is far more superior than BuglessBeast IMO. BB used to be faster but the general consensus is that CM offers a better dev support with better updates and is more streamlined with the vanilla 2.2.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded

Kuvo posted:

Guess that's what I get for using a release candidate for my first ROM replacement.

Not sure what this means. You want 6.1 RC 3.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded
Is there an app that will let you have the puzzle lockscreen from the Galaxy S phones? I want something that will let me unlock to my new messages/notifications.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded

Skeezy posted:

So I just got the EVO and I'm way to scared to root it. How should I go about doing it? Would my EVO work? UnrEVOked says it won't on newer EVO's. Oh man what should I do.

:negative:

Root it. But seriously, read up on the latest root methods and just do it.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded
Tried MIUI on my Moto Droid. It's a bit buggy. Wouldn't let me view any of my contacts in my phonebook and there is no option to sync with Facebook contacts.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded

Casao posted:

Newest MIUI owns.

12.11 contains a 4x4 MIUI Music widget and it has a new file manager. New file manager seen http://twitpic.com/3ezo6w

The PC Sync is actually an FTP server. You enable/disable it. It's FAST - nearly as fast for me to send it over FTP as it would've been to do via USB.

That file manager looks awesome. Did they finally fix the incoming SMS messages timestamps so they aren't 6 hours behind?

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded

Casao posted:

Uh, my timestamps are and have been fine the whole time I've been using it.

Ah, its just a known issue with 0.12.3.2 Moto Droid then.

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded

Scrubed posted:

My thoughts on custom Roms thus far for EVO...

You should give MIUI a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded

Civil posted:

The new MIUI has been ported to the G2/DesireZ.

MIUI is one of the best roms I've used for the Droid. They update all the time and my battery life is the best it has ever been for any rom.