Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I just bought a new Evo, and would like to root it for battery-efficiency purposed, but I'm afraid of bricking it :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

So my girlfriend auto-updated my Evo last week, right before I was going to root later that evening. Am I hosed now?

Software Version: 4.24.651.1

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

godzirraRAWR posted:

Yes :(

Oh goddamnit :(

How long do you think that will last, and why does unrevoked still advertise that it works with all versions of the Evo :(

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Where's the best place to keep checking to see what the new OTA Update is jailbreakable for the HTC Evo?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

If Google supports rooting, why did the OTA Update break its rootability? :(

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I am also waiting to root my updated Evo 4G :(

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Just rooted my Evo 4G via Revolutionary with no problems :cheers:

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 17, 2011

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

This was one of the dumbest posts in the thread, I'm sure.

Carry on.

:ughh:

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 7, 2011

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

SLOSifl posted:

This week's MIUI update for the EVO 3D is incredibly stable and smooth. Last week's fixed most of my problems, and this week's fixed the last one - no need to change the DPI to 270 to get properly aligned widgets and lockscreens.

No 3D support for viewing yet (can capture in 3D), and no 4G, but this ROM is so goddamned smooth I can't imaging going back to CM or Sense.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1271824

If you're not on MIUI and want to try, nandroid, wipe everything and flash this one. It's easily my favorite ROM.

I just flashed to MIUI last week (or maybe 2 weeks ago?) and I'm really liking it. I'm on the regular Evo 4G though. I'm still, obviously, going to grab the update.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

godzirraRAWR posted:

Did you have to do anything special?

I flashed MIUI last night after doing a nandroid backup, and it hung at the boot up logo for MIUI.

And then to top it all off, when I try to restore my nandroid backup, it tells me there are UID mismatches and everything FC's. Even after multiple data/cache/dalvik wipes.

My phone has been unusable for about 24hours now :(

Nope, no problems for me. Backed up apps + app data (not system data), make a Nandroid, installed MIUI through 'ROM Manager,' wiped literally everything, and installed.

Worked fine for me. Good luck!

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Has anyone tried Swagged Out Stock yet? My girlfriend wants a cleaned up version of the stock rom, and mine as well try something other than CleanROM.

Thoughts?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

What all is still broken in 7.1?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Is there a reason ShootMe can't get root in MIUI? :(

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Mark Larson posted:

Vol Down + Menu will take a screenshot for you.

You are a God among men :worship:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Is there some sort of repository for CM7 themes?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I'm running MIUI and loving it. I just recently flashed my girlfriends phone to CM7.1 for her to try something new, and non-Sense.

She likes it, but it complaining that, quite often, the screen won't turn on when she tries to wake the phone (Evo 4G). Anyone else experiencing a similar problem to this on CM7.1?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

lowcrabdiet posted:

You can go and change the min CPU frequency to 384 MHz. I think what happens is that the CPU is clocked too slow when the screen is off, and the screen can't turn on in time when you hit the power button to turn it on.

Slopehead posted:

This is an issue with the way setcpu deals with clock speed profiles. The virtuousrom team built an entirely new overclocking daemon to deal with it, however it only functions on sense ui roms.

A good safe bet is to only clock down to 800mhz screenoff, tops. I've found that even that is kinda laggy with the latest version of Cyanogen stable. It really does require 1ghz (on the g2) screenoff profile, but that isn't a huge deal.

How would I do that, and also, what kind of effect does it have on battery life? :ohdear:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

So my friend wants to start trying new roms. He has an Epic. Is there even a decent ROM available for an Epic?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Is "Brainmaster's MIUI" hands down better than stock MIUI?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Bluetooth connectivity works just fine on the latest versions of CM and MIUI, right? :ohdear:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Who is releasing it? I get so confused with the MIUI scene. I have been using MIUI 2.3.5 forever now, and love it. Who is it, and what is the difference?

miui.com
miui.us
miuiandroid.com

:confused:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Civil posted:

Yeah, I have no idea. I guess it would be en.miui.com since they have the twitter account that also makes reference to it.

https://twitter.com/!/miuirom/status/180136610195714049

I like MIUI, and I would have been running it on 2.3, but they relied on kmobs for the bluetooth source out of his CM7 release, which he never shared. I use A2DP constantly, so that was a no-go for me. I've resigned to being satisfied with sense-based ROM's, as long as they cover up all the sense nastiness.

e: http://www.miui.us/ makes mention of it. I guess they're affiliated?

The way I understand it though, is MIUI is released to miui.com which is only released in Chinese (I think), and the other devs have to translate what they release. Seems very strange, and I don't fully understand it.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Is GPS functionality totally broken on an Evo 4G running CM7, because it definitely doesn't work on my girlfriends phone? :shobon:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

explosivo posted:

Edit: Looks like you should go here, scroll to the bottom and flash that instead. It's a newer driver that works better apparently.

Awesome. I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks! :)

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

My girlfriend's Evo battery has really crapped out. It'll go from fully charged to like 30% in under an hour. I've tested this by flashing a clean Rom, not installing anything, and just letting it sit.

Do I have to unroot and install the stock Rom before taking it back, and having the Geek Squad (it was bought from Best Buy, they already said they'd replace it) swap it out?

What if I just put the stock Rom back on? Are they going to actively look for S-OFF?

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 7, 2012

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

SeaborneClink posted:

Flash back to stock and remove super user.

Okay, that'd be less of a headache then totally un-rooting. I can get SuperUser back easily as downloading it, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

SeaborneClink posted:

Well you're getting the phone replaced, so you'll have to root/s-off the new phone now.

She called. From what I gathered, they are just going to replace the battery on the spot. I could be wrong though :iiam: