Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Got an interesting phone call today and wanted to get you guys opinion on it.

I run a small electronics repair business in Albany, NY. Most of my business is cell phone, laptop, gaming console repair, etc. I've been doing it for about 5 years now and I'm building a pretty good reputation. A certain group must have heard about me and called me this morning. From what he explained to me, it's basically a company that roots android phones for retailers to sell because of the obvious added features rooting brings. He seemed most interested in Android Wifi Tether.

He said they do hundreds of these a week, and that they used to outsource it but they are looking for local talent (me, I guess, haha) to do the grind work and just root phones like crazy all week. He even said if a few get bricked along the way, no harm done.

I was totally unaware that a market existed for selling rooted phones to retailers. Apparently they do this on a large scale.

Between here and XDA, I think I have a pretty good source of knowledge. Who knows, maybe after a while I might be able to contribute to the cause.

tl;dr: Opportunity to make money simply rooting phones in large volume. What do you guys think? What advice would you give me going forward with this company?

For example, one of the things I'm curious about is how people get activated when they are sold a rooted phone, or does rooting only interfere when they is a custom ROM installed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I'm looking for a 2.1 ROM that contains a kernel with netfilter so I can get Wireless Tether to work on this stupid Motorola Cliq. Rooted 2.1 stock.

I found PureHandler 1.0 will work, but I can't find a working download for it anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas? All I need is Wireless Tether to work on this Cliq. Barnacle doesn't work either.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I'm sorry guys but I really need help finding a 2.1 ROM with a kernel that supports netfilter so I can get this Motorola CLIQ to work with Wireless Tethering. Supposedly from what I read, PureHandler does it, but I can not find a working download for it.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I successfully flashed Adlxmod 2.1.5 on the Cliq, but whenever I connect USB it constantly reboots as soon as it sees that it's connected to USB. What can I do?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Thank you, that fixed it.

I'm so frustrated though. I spent my entire day trying to find a kernel for the Cliq that supports Wireless Tethering. I found this one and went through the whole process, and flashing the patch so Wifi would work. I chose this one because he said that iptables is included, which I associated with Netfilter. So I thought, great, this is at least worth a try.

Fire up Wireless Tether..."No Netfilter!"

UGH! I was told that it is possible to get Wireless Tethering to work on the Cliq. PureHandler supposedly has a kernel with Netfilter, but as I stated I cannot find a download for it anywhere.

Can someone please help me? 7 hours down the drain. I would REALLY appreciate any help.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I checked the "Skip wpa_supplicant" box, but when I hit start, it just stays on starting. How long is it supposed to take for it to become active? It's just "Starting..." all the time.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Casao posted:

Have you tried a wipe and reflash? Pull up aLogCat or CatLog when you do this and see what's popping up in logs.

I did almost nothing between now and the last time I wiped and reflashed, think it can still make a difference with Barnacle Tether?

I took a log but I don't know what to look for.

Edit: When you say wipe, do you mean take out the SD card and do WIPE ALL, or just wipe to factory settings?

Edit: I figured it out guys. Thank you so much for your help!!!

yamdankee fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 1, 2010

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Captain Charisma posted:

Can I just flash CM 6.1 RC1 over 6.0?

This says you can. Just to do a Nandroid backup first. That's for the HTC Dream, though. Wouldn't think it varies per device.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
So at the top of this page I was crying for help to find a kernel or a ROM with a kernel that has Netfilter so that the CLIQ could use Wireless Tether from Google code. PureHandler did it, but no download is anywhere. I got Barnacle to work, but I'm still wondering where PureHandler went. How does something just disappear out of thin internets like that?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Oh yeah, I totally agree. But I'm just used to seeing stuff that was developed way older than this still up and downloadable from somewhere. But thank you, I sometimes need help getting perspective on things, haha.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I followed this guide to root a T-Mobile myTouch 3G Magic running 1.6. I boot into the recovery that is flashed onto it, but I see no option to back up. Did something go wrong?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I installed CM onto a T-Mobile myTouch (32A) using this guide. Wiped before I installed the update.zip. The phone tries to boot and when it starts to draw the picture of the android guy it freezes. I took the battery out and rewiped and reinstalled, twice. It keeps freezing at the android guy. Am I supposed to be using a specific recovery or something? That guide mentioned using a certain recovery but I'm using the recovery from a guide I posted last.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
No, I used recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img because it has radio 2.22. The links you gave me say to use that recovery. I don't need Ebi1 according to the wiki. This is weird, not sure what to do.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

dissss posted:

So you're 32B then?

My FASTBOOT screen looks like this:

Sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0013 (SAPP31000)
CPLD- 13
RADIO-2.22.23.02

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I need to root a Samsung Galaxy GT-I7500. I'm looking at this guide, but the phone I have is running 1.5. The guide links to a list of recoveries that say they are 'for' 1.6 and some for over 1.6. Can I use one of those recoveries or is there a better/easier way to root the I7500? I know Androot is not one of them.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Is there a way to just completely remove all installed drivers for a certain phone? I need to install a particular driver to root a Samsung I7500, but the first guide I followed had a different driver installed. Now I'm having trouble with drivers and I just want to start fresh. I though of going through device manager, but there are like 5 or so different items that have to do with this phone. Will deleting all the drivers that I think have to do with this phone start me at the beginning again, as if I've never plugged this phone into my computer before? Or do you suggest something else?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Oh man, thank you so much!

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I have a rooted Galaxy I7500 running 1.5.

I need to install Galaxo from here.

The only Galaxo ROMs I see there are for 1.6

Can I:

a: Still install a ROM built for 1.6 on 1.5?
b: Update to 1.6 on this I7500? If so, how?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I don't understand why Wireless Tether from code.google.com always throws up the No Netfilter! error, but when I install Barnicle Wifi Tether on the same kernel it works fine.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Ok, I'm really stuck.

Rooted Samsung Galaxy I7500 using this method.

Everything is fine except all the google apps are gone. I try "restore gapps" in recovery, gives me an error to check recovery.log. I try the gapps.zip for this phone, it installs but only a few of the apps are there. Market is missing.

I tried rewiping, reinstalling 1.6 Galaxeo, several times. Not doing the trick. Tried fixing permissions many times.

tl;dr - I need Market on this I7500!

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
HTC Eris 2.1 rooted with SuperOneClick.

Trying to get recovery.img on there. I put it on the SD card, but these commands are just not working (from this guide:

I did:
adb shell
su

Then ran the first one:

adb shell mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

And that worked, but then:

adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

Says "no such file found" or something like that.

adb shell flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-ra-eris.img

Says "flash_image: permission denied"

Any ideas?

tl;dr: Just simply trying to get a recovery on an Eris. Can someone please provide a working method?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

utonium posted:

Did you do the second and third commands?
code:
adb push recovery-ra-eris.img /sdcard
adb push flash_image /system/bin
Or did you just do the first and then skip to the fourth?

I manually put the files on the sd card.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Wow I feel dumb. But I can't even do that:

# mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
# adb push flash_image /system/bin
adb: not found
# exit
exit
$ adb push flash_image /system/bin
adb: permission denied
$ exit
exit

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb push flash_image /system/bin
failed to copy 'flash_image' to '/system/bin/flash_image': Permission denied

It just won't do the "adb push flash_image /system/bin" command. What am I doing wrong?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Is there a way to root phones in an automated or at least semi-automated way? I've rooted about 12 different phones at this point. They are all very straight forward to root these days (SuperOneClick, UniversalAndroot, etc).

However, the task I have is to get the phones rooted and working with Android Wireless Tether. This is where the difficulty can sometimes come in. Some phones I can root and WT works right away because the phone has a kernel that can work with WT.

Other times, I have to find a reliable ROM that has a updated kernel for the phone, or just a kernel update by itself. There are many different ways to install custom recoveries. Many different ways to flash an updated ROM/kernel.

I know about AutoHotKeys (havn't really used it much yet, though). I know about ADB Tool, correct me if I'm wrong in thinking it's only for the Droid X, or at least not any device? I just really have not figured out a way to do what I need in a quick, automated way.

This is the list of things that need to be done automatically. I click one button and the following things happen:

- Root Device
- Install Wireless Tether apk

-I step in and test if it needs an updated kernel. If it doesn't, I'm done. If it does move forward down the line:

- Install Custom Recovery
- Flash Updated ROM/Kernel

Wireless Tether should work after those steps. The people who want these phones from me have a preference towards Wireless Tether over Barnacle. But if there is no alternative (No netfilter support on the device, etc) then they have to settle for Barnacle.

tl;dr: Automated rooting/tethering - possible with little to no programming skills?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
So I rooted a Nexus One and installed ROM Manager. I flashed ClockworkMod Recovery. But when I try to boot into recovery I am just brought to a screen with an exclamation mark triangle and the android guy. I have to do a battery pull to get it to boot normal.

I don't want to go any further with the phone until I can get a nandroid backup. Any suggestions?

Edit: Also, on my Droid X, do I have to buy Droid X Recovery Bootstrap to install Tranquility ROM? Why can't I just install Tranquility through ROM Manager?

yamdankee fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 17, 2010

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Thank you guys very much for your help.

On the Nexus One, I've flashed Clockwork Recovery like 7 times now and it will not boot into recovery. Is there an alternative way other than Clockwork to run several different ROMs and switch between them through a program and not just a recovery?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Ah, I only rooted it. I'll unlock it. Thank you, that will probably fix it.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Why do I always get the worst of luck with these things...

I'm following this guide to unlock the Nexus One.

I get to the Root part, and when I reboot after flashing the "nexus-addon-0.1-signed.zip", it boots but just to a blank screen. The buttons on the bottom are lit up and go on and off when I press power on and off. It doesn't go into the operating system.

I tried reflashing the recovery and reflashing the .zip, same thing is happening.

I did a nandroid backup. Should I just go forward from here with Clockwork recovery? To do that I would root it with SuperOneClick after restoring the nandroid backup. Is there a better option?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Ok guys, I really need help:

All I'm trying to do is get ROM Manager working.

The Nexus is unlocked.
The Nexus is rooted.

Amon-RA recovery was flashed. I wanted to put clockwork recovery on it instead so it will play nice with ROM Manager. So I flashed clockwork recovery. Now I can't get into recovery. I think it's because two recovery images were flashed.

Where do I go from here?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Casao posted:

Get a log cat of the flash attempt.

code:
I/ActivityManager(   82): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.
MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.koushikdutta.
rommanager/.RomManager }
I/ActivityManager(   82): Start proc com.koushikdutta.rommanager for activity co
m.koushikdutta.rommanager/.RomManager: pid=622 uid=10057 gids={1015, 3003}
V/RenderScript_jni(  169): surfaceDestroyed
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 2350 objects / 293616 bytes in 41ms
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 285 objects / 143088 bytes in 37ms
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 120 objects / 319096 bytes in 38ms
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 18 objects / 64416 bytes in 34ms
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 44 objects / 130688 bytes in 27ms
I/dalvikvm-heap(  622): Grow heap (frag case) to 3.530MB for 522256-byte allocat
ion
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 0 objects / 0 bytes in 37ms
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 9 objects / 260400 bytes in 27ms
I/dalvikvm-heap(  622): Grow heap (frag case) to 3.702MB for 440254-byte allocat
ion
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 0 objects / 0 bytes in 37ms
I/ROMManager(  622): Downloading: [url]http://gh-pages.clockworkmod.com/ROMManagerMan[/url]
ifest/premium_imei.js
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 3696 objects / 1193648 bytes in 43ms
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 5982 objects / 348808 bytes in 46ms
I/ROMManager(  622): Downloading: [url]http://gh-pages.clockworkmod.com/ROMManagerMan[/url]
ifest/premium_imei.js
ifest/devices.js
I/RomManager(  622): Checking for PayPal license.
I/RomNexus(  622): Safe Device ID: D1C4264EF144954D6710FD539AFB7E67
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 7893 objects / 418264 bytes in 51ms
D/GoogleLoginService(  195): onBind: Intent { act=android.accounts.AccountAuthen
ticator cmp=com.google.android.gsf/.loginservice.GoogleLoginService }
W/GoogleLoginService(  195): Device has no accounts: sending Intent { act=com.go
ogle.android.gsf.LOGIN_ACCOUNTS_MISSING }
E/GTalkService(  195): asyncFetch: no username
D/C2DMRegistrar(  195): [C2DMRegistrar.24] AuthTokenCallback: account missing
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 6655 objects / 469120 bytes in 42ms
I/ActivityManager(   82): Displayed activity com.koushikdutta.rommanager/.RomMan
ager: 1702 ms (total 1702 ms)
I/RomNexus(  622): Downloading: [url]https://licenseservice.appspot.com/licenseservic[/url]
e?operation=licenseRequest&deviceId=D1C4264EF144954D6710FD539AFB7E67&seller=kous
[email]hik_dutta@yahoo.com[/email]&productId=ROM%20Manager&paypalTransactionId=
W/webcore (  622): Can't get the viewWidth after the first layout
I/RomNexus(  622): Download complete.
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 3505 objects / 410656 bytes in 42ms
W/DefaultRequestDirector(  195): Authentication error: Unable to respond to any
of these challenges: {}
D/C2DMRegistrar(  195): [C2DMRegistrar.25] register: http error 401
E/C2DMRegistrar(  195): [C2DMReg] handleRequest caught org.apache.http.auth.Auth
enticationException
D/dalvikvm(  195): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 5922 objects / 373296 bytes in 41ms
D/GoogleLoginService(  195): onBind: Intent { act=android.accounts.AccountAuthen
W/GoogleLoginService(  195): Device has no accounts: sending Intent { act=com.go
E/GTalkService(  195): asyncFetchAuthToken: no username!
D/C2DMRegistrar(  195): [C2DMRegistrar.26] AuthTokenCallback: account missing
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 5146 objects / 264640 bytes in 67ms
I/C2DMReceiver(  622): ACCOUNT_MISSING
W/System.err(  622): java.lang.NullPointerException
W/System.err(  622):    at com.paypal.android.a.h.a(Unknown Source)
W/System.err(  622):    at com.paypal.android.a.a.j(Unknown Source)
W/System.err(  622):    at com.paypal.android.a.f.run(Unknown Source)
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 4646 objects / 356704 bytes in 48ms
W/KeyCharacterMap(  622): No keyboard for id 65540
W/KeyCharacterMap(  622): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.
bin
ifest/premium_imei.js
D/GpsLocationProvider(   82): NTP server returned: 1290045454991 (Wed Nov 17 20:
57:34 EST 2010) reference: 1283182 certainty: 29 system time offset: 505
D/dalvikvm(   82): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 12114 objects / 690296 bytes in 67ms
I/ActivityManager(   82): Starting activity: Intent { cmp=com.koushikdutta.romma
nager/.SettingsScreen }
ifest/premium_imei.js
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 2929 objects / 540208 bytes in 41ms
ifest/premium_imei.js
ifest/premium_imei.js
I/RomManager(  622): D1C4264EF144954D6710FD539AFB7E67
I/dalvikvm(  622): Jit: resizing JitTable from 4096 to 8192
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 4388 objects / 371088 bytes in 56ms
I/ActivityManager(   82): Displayed activity com.koushikdutta.rommanager/.Settin
gsScreen: 1102 ms (total 1102 ms)
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 2162 objects / 243832 bytes in 68ms
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 452 objects / 33344 bytes in 47ms
D/skia    (  622): purging 192K from font cache [26 entries]
D/dalvikvm(  456): GC_EXPLICIT freed 259 objects / 12368 bytes in 88ms
D/dalvikvm(  277): GC_EXPLICIT freed 1983 objects / 99080 bytes in 55ms
W/KeyCharacterMap(  622): No keyboard for id 65540
W/KeyCharacterMap(  622): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.
bin
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 1868 objects / 154864 bytes in 36ms
I/RomNexus(  622): Downloading: [url]http://gh-pages.clockworkmod.com/ROMManagerManif[/url]
est/devices.js
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 915 objects / 33752 bytes in 59ms
I/dalvikvm-heap(  622): Grow heap (frag case) to 4.520MB for 200016-byte allocat
ion
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 26 objects / 1808 bytes in 54ms
I/RomNexus(  622): Download complete.
ifest/devices.js
D/skia    (  622): purging 195K from font cache [28 entries]
D/su      (  663): 10057 com.koushikdutta.rommanager executing 0 . /data/data/co
m.koushikdutta.rommanager/files/rommanager.sh using shell /system/bin/sh : sh
D/dalvikvm(  622): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 7522 objects / 794712 bytes in 39ms
W/InputManagerService(   82): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: co
m.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@44ab6778
W/InputManagerService(   82): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: co
m.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@44b87608
I/ActivityManager(   82): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.
MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.HOME] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.android.launcher/
com.android.launcher2.Launcher }
V/RenderScript_jni(  169): surfaceCreated
V/RenderScript_jni(  169): surfaceChanged
W/InputManagerService(   82): Ignoring hideSoftInput of: com.android.internal.vi
ew.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@44a374b8
I/ActivityManager(   82): No longer want com.google.android.music (pid 415): hid
den #16
D/dalvikvm(  368): GC_EXPLICIT freed 789 objects / 219192 bytes in 70ms
I/dalvikvm(   82): Total arena pages for JIT: 11
MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=org.jtb.alogcat/.
LogActivity }
D/alogcat (  600): stopping ...
D/alogcat (  600): resumed
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 9015 objects / 1096552 bytes in 71ms
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 4163 objects / 375560 bytes in 44ms
V/RenderScript_jni(  169): surfaceDestroyed
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 3024 objects / 202592 bytes in 36ms
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 1823 objects / 439384 bytes in 33ms
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 3166 objects / 434480 bytes in 34ms
D/dalvikvm(  462): GC_EXPLICIT freed 403 objects / 21968 bytes in 49ms
W/KeyCharacterMap(  600): No keyboard for id 65540
W/KeyCharacterMap(  600): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.
bin
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 1356 objects / 217112 bytes in 37ms
I/dalvikvm-heap(  600): Grow heap (frag case) to 3.733MB for 91322-byte allocati
on
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 82 objects / 4280 bytes in 53ms
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 34 objects / 62272 bytes in 55ms
I/dalvikvm-heap(  600): Grow heap (frag case) to 3.800MB for 136978-byte allocat
ion
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 1 objects / 48 bytes in 52ms
I/global  (  600): Default buffer size used in BufferedWriter constructor. It wo
uld be better to be explicit if an 8k-char buffer is required.
m.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@44bbb740
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 71 objects / 233168 bytes in 56ms
W/KeyCharacterMap(  600): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.
bin
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 363 objects / 411896 bytes in 47ms
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 142 objects / 159024 bytes in 42ms
m.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@44ad4e50
CHOOSER cmp=android/com.android.internal.app.ChooserActivity (has extras) }
D/alogcat (  600): paused
I/dalvikvm(  600): Jit: resizing JitTable from 4096 to 8192
I/ActivityManager(   82): Displayed activity android/com.android.internal.app.Ch
ooserActivity: 1034 ms (total 1034 ms)
SEND typ=text/plain flg=0x3000000 cmp=com.google.android.gm/.ComposeActivityGmai
l (has extras) }
I/ActivityManager(   82): Start proc com.google.android.gm for activity com.goog
le.android.gm/.ComposeActivityGmail: pid=676 uid=10047 gids={2001, 3003, 1015}
I/ActivityThread(  676): Publishing provider gmail-ls: com.google.android.gm.pro
vider.MailProvider
I/ActivityThread(  676): Publishing provider com.google.android.gm.attachmentspr
eviews: com.google.android.gm.AttachmentPreviewProvider
I/ActivityThread(  676): Publishing provider com.google.android.gmail.Suggestion
Provider: com.google.android.gm.SuggestionsProvider
SEND typ=text/plain flg=0x2000000 cmp=com.google.android.gm/.ComposeActivity (ha
s extras) }
W/Gmail   (  676): Upgrading database from version 0 to 18, which will destroy a
ll old data
I/ActivityManager(   82): Starting activity: Intent { flg=0x2000000 cmp=com.goog
le.android.gm/.WaitActivity (has extras) }
D/dalvikvm(  676): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 3458 objects / 335352 bytes in 29ms
I/ActivityManager(   82): Displayed activity com.google.android.gm/.WaitActivity
: 259 ms (total 672 ms)
I/ActivityManager(   82): Starting activity: Intent { cmp=com.google.android.gsf
/.loginservice.LoginActivity (has extras) }
I/ActivityManager(   82): Starting activity: Intent { cmp=com.google.android.gsf
/.loginservice.RunSetupWizardActivity (has extras) }
I/ActivityManager(   82): Starting activity: Intent { flg=0x80000 cmp=com.google
.android.gsf/.login.AccountIntroActivity (has extras) }
I/ActivityManager(   82): No longer want com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
 (pid 449): hidden #16
D/GoogleLoginService(  195): onBind: Intent { act=com.google.android.gsf.action.
GET_GLS }
I/ActivityManager(   82): Displayed activity com.google.android.gsf/.loginservic
e.LoginActivity: 503 ms (total 503 ms)
I/ActivityManager(   82): Displayed activity com.google.android.gsf/.login.Accou
ntIntroActivity: 552 ms (total 552 ms)
W/KeyCharacterMap(  195): No keyboard for id 65540
W/KeyCharacterMap(  195): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.
bin
W/ActivityManager(   82): Duplicate finish request for HistoryRecord{44c4e2a0 co
m.google.android.gsf/.loginservice.RunSetupWizardActivity}
D/alogcat (  600): resumed
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 3664 objects / 502664 bytes in 81ms
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 7675 objects / 1058208 bytes in 35ms
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 4827 objects / 392856 bytes in 37ms
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 2750 objects / 342624 bytes in 48ms
D/dalvikvm(  600): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 1943 objects / 434520 bytes in 43ms
bin
m.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@44c921e8
D/dalvikvm(  195): GC_EXPLICIT freed 3440 objects / 214528 bytes in 88ms
D/dalvikvm(   82): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 15802 objects / 837568 bytes in 89ms
D/dalvikvm(  552): GC_EXPLICIT freed 1053 objects / 97896 bytes in 59ms
I/power   (   82): *** set_screen_state 0
D/WifiService(   82): ACTION_SCREEN_OFF
D/WifiService(   82): setting ACTION_DEVICE_IDLE timer for 900000ms
D/alogcat (  600): paused
D/SurfaceFlinger(   82): About to give-up screen, flinger = 0x1fe228
D/AK8973  (   63): Compass CLOSE
D/StatusBar(   82): DISABLE_EXPAND: yes
D/dalvikvm(  563): GC_EXPLICIT freed 1427 objects / 101832 bytes in 69ms
D/dalvikvm(  169): GC_EXPLICIT freed 1684 objects / 176008 bytes in 80ms
D/dalvikvm(  456): GC_EXPLICIT freed 62 objects / 3520 bytes in 66ms

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Actually, I think I may have found the answer. How can I confirm if my Nexus One has the SLCD?

From here:

quote:

Using "blind" flash_image method works for locked bootloaders, requires root and is suitable for SLCD Nexus users that lost the ability to see their screen. Adapted from here.

Do you think I should try this? Because that's what I think is happening. The buttons are lighting up but the screen is not working it seems. The power button turns the button LEDs off and on, but the screen stays dark.

yamdankee fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 18, 2010

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Ok cool. I'll try it when I get home from work.

Man Casao, 3 minute response time. You should get paid for this!

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Yet another problem has arose with this Nexus One. I just want to get Wireless Tether to work. So far I have tried the "pre" (experimental) version, and the older versions. The computer sees it, connects to it, but it just won't go to a website... Running 2.2.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Just noticed this on my Droid X running Tranquility 3.0 - the green LED notification light stays on when I plug it in. It's brighter than I thought and it lights up a good part of the room at night. Is this supposed to be on?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
How do you get passed the Google Account login without signing in and without being rooted? The guy that gives me phones to root and install Wireless Tether forgot to give me a SIM card.

All I need to do is get passed the login screen, root, and install WT. What can I do?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Neurophonic posted:

Tap the corners of the screen in order, starting top left, when you see the big green Android on first boot.

That doesn't seem to be working =\

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I swear I'm doing exactly that and it's still not working.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Android SDK wanted to do some updating, so I let it, now ADB commands aren't working. Should I just reinstall the SDK?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

datajosh posted:

ADB was moved from the tools folder to platform-tools with the 2.3 SDK update

Haha, good to know. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I've decided that Rom Manager hates me.

I've tried installing Clockwork Mod through ROM Manager on this MyTouch 3G 3 times, and it keeps booting to the triangle with an exclamation point every time. So I can't install a custom ROM with it. Any advice?