Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
Alright I have a major issue. I am using a HTC Incredible and something happened where my SD card kept saying it was full. I got the bright idea to format and it was a bad bad idea. After doing that I restarted my phone and it fell into a constant boot loop trying to load Cyanogenmod. I am fairly certain I accidentally formatted the internal storage somehow. However my phone will not mount the SD card no matter what I try and do. The only menus I can access are HBOOT by holding down and the power button, and then Clockworkmod recovery.

After realizing what I did and spending hours searching I stumbled upon this: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/6433-solved-messed-up-partitions-on-internal-storage/
And the only thing that happened after that was it seemed to completely remove Cyanogenmod from my phone but I STILL can not mount the sd card. every time I try and do it through Clockworkmod I get this error

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk1)
(Invalid argument)
Error mounting SDCARD:!

I've reformatted my SD card on my laptop with FAT32 three times so far so I know that isnt the issue, and Ive tried putting the PB31IMG.zip file on it to get HBOOT to recognize it and do an OTA program but since it wont mount the SD card it goes nowhere all I get is a flash of text on HBOOT that says no image. Ive tried clearing the storage, doing a factory reset, everything but nothing works. Does anyone have any idea what I can do at this point? Is my phone bricked?

EDIT: Tried a new SD card and now it will mount in recovery, Still not really certain where to go from here tho

EDIT 2: Put update-cm-6.0.2 on my SD card and installed, hopefully it boots....

Edit 3: still nothing HBOOT still says no image. I applied the CM update from the sd card but it didnt help still sits at the boot screen

Edit 4: FINALLY I got the PB31img.zip file to install with HBOOT and got back to stock. Thank god! Let this post be a warning about being an idiot and rooting your phone

Henchman 21 fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Oct 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
My buddy has a Droid X and is trying to root it using the method linked in the OP, http://alldroid.org/Default.aspx?tabid=40&g=posts&t=553

He has tried repeatedly and every time it hangs up about 2/3 of the way through. I am trying to relay over fb chat because he is in the next state over, any idea why it wont go? he is following the steps exactly he says.

Edit NVM theres an updated program for users with the 2.2 update, I sent him the link hopefully that works. You think we can get it updated in the OP? http://alldroid.org/Default.aspx?tabid=40&g=posts&t=967&find=unread

Henchman 21 fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 21, 2010

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
Tried to throw CM7 on my Incredible and it worked great, until I restarted it, and then it went into boot loop. Re-wiped and flashed through recovery and it worked yay no more boot loop! poo poo I forgot to install Gapps.

Flash G-apps and back to a boot loop. and now no matter what I do it boot loops even if i restore my backup. What. the. gently caress. Going to flash the stock froyo rom and try starting from scratch and see if that gets me anywhere

Update: Flashing back to stock, and restarting the entire process through Rom manager fixed everything. Running CM7.0.0 and everything looks to be just wonderful

Henchman 21 fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 28, 2011

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
I just want to check before I start rooting my VZW Galaxy Nexus, is this the current way of doing things? http://galaxynexusroot.com/galaxy-nexus-root/how-to-root-galaxy-nexus-universal-guidegsmverizonsprintwindowslinuxmac/

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE

yamdankee posted:

The toolkit is a lot easier.

Thanks, this is exactly why I wanted to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
Is wifi tether my best bet for tethering a tablet to my rooted Galaxy Nexus? Will Verizon notice or can I make it so they think it is simply my phone?