Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Secret Agent
May 19, 2006
You ain't seen me, right?
^^ Honestly you just sound unlucky - once you figured out the dodgy SD card, perhaps clearing Dalvik cache at the time of your 3rd edit would have got CM to load? At least you're never badly screwed if recovery works, right?

I had a bit of a self-inflicted nervous moment last night with my Desire - was following http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=805811 for S-Off, process seemed to complete, rebooted, then nothing! Hboot seemed okay and updated with S-Off, could get into recovery, but no ROM. Fine right, got a nandroid backup? Why yes of cou... oh no deleted that a couple of hours ago by accident, along with the titanium backup files!

I actually pretty much got away with this, I redownloaded CM6.1RC1, flashed that and everything, data and all, was back.

There isn't much of a moral here other than I am dumb and don't get casual about backups when loving about, because the one time you need it will be the time it isn't there!

Secret Agent fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Oct 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Agent
May 19, 2006
Just installed the N1 partition layout on my Desire via instructions at:
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/8504-gapps-package-updates/page__p__75149#entry75149

Gone from constant low memory warnings to over 100MB internal memory free. That was a severe deficiency of the phone fixed just like that.

It blows my mind how much better my phone is now with Cyanogenmod and other rootin' goodies - way better battery life, faster, and can now install more apps. It makes it hard for me to recommend Android to non-techie friends since I wouldn't particularly want a stock Desire (or similar) myself.

Secret Agent
May 19, 2006
May not be relevant here but when I used fastboot to flash an hboot image, it looked for the file on the computer, in the same folder as fastboot - not on the SD card. I'm not sure if adb is the same.

Secret Agent
May 19, 2006

b0nes posted:

OK now my Vibrant is stuck at the SAMSUNG VIBRANT screen. I hope I didn't brick it.

I tried to restore my system with clockwork. I have 2 different backups.

I restored the backup using Clockwork, it took a while. Then I wiped then rebooted...this is the correct sequence?

It just came to the Samsung Vibrant screen and is stuck there.

I did this a few times, now I can't get it to reboot in recovery mode at all.

Wait, what are you wiping? Just try restoring a backup then rebooting. If you can still get to recovery you've no real danger of bricking it so don't worry about that.

Secret Agent
May 19, 2006
Was going to suggest wiping Dalvik cache (in clockworkmod advanced options) but if you can't even get to recovery then I'm out of ideas I'm afraid :-/

Edit: Meant to say, wiping means deleting data and cache from clockwordmod, then restoring a backup or installing a fresh ROM. That's my understanding anyway, worked for me going from Sense to Cyanogenmod, though I remember finding clarification on what wiping meant was more difficult than I thought it should have been.

Secret Agent fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Agent
May 19, 2006
Don't think it's any different, full a2sd is a 3rd party thing (I think) not stock android. If you want more app space check out alparev.nl.