Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA posted:

even just going from the recent nightlies to 6.1RC1?

Yup, the H symbol was only added a few days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Civil posted:

http://theunlockr.com/2010/10/20/how-to-root-the-t-mobile-g2-htc-vision-visionary-method/

Very hand-holdy guide to temp/perm/rom flashing on the G2. Worked without a hitch.

After fishing through some of the convoluted guides on XDA, this was a godsend. Now I'm happily running 6.1, but where is the menu option to adjust LED notifications?

It should be CyanogenMod settings -> User interface -> LED notifications.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

One of my idiot friends has a retarded friend with a MyTouch4G. Idiot friend rooted it and retarded friend attempted to load a custom ROM. The brick is now on my desk and when powered on, just goes to the MyTouch4G splash screen and stays there. It won't go into recovery mode when I hold volume down while powering up. It is recognized over USB and I'm installing the ADB driver for it right now. What the hell do I need to do to get this to work?

e: somehow when I plugged in USB, it just turned on and went straight into clockwork. I found two backups, but they both have invalid MD5s. Wiping data and cache didn't help, so I loaded CM6, but it stays at the splash screen. What else can I do?

If you can get into the bootloader, then you should be able to reset everything back to stock if you have the 300MB PD15IMG.zip file on the root of the sdcard.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

ldo posted:

I'm an idiot and posted this to the wrong thread:
--
So I am fiddling with my Evo, trying to install Cyanogenmod, having already run Unrevoked. I follow all the instructions, and it chugs along, saying Hi, Welcome to Cyanogen or whatever, and then the bar fills up and it errors out with

I can get back to the stock PC136img with a little bit of wrangling Clockwork around, but Cyanogen looks neat and I'd like to use it.

You appear to be attempting to flash an out of date Cyanogenmod release candidate for the N1 where you should be flashing this for the Evo (aka Supersonic): http://mirror.teamdouche.net/get/supersonic/update-cm-6.1.2-Supersonic-signed.zip

Did Unrevoked prompt you to install that particular one or what?

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Web Jew.0 posted:

Yeah I'd definitely wait for the Thunderbolt iiwy.

It's got a newer processor and more ram than the others and it'll probably have a lot of roms down the road. The screen is not as nice as the Fascinate's, but it'll have a working gps, no lag, froyo and likelihood of gingerbread. Also video chat Skype.

E: so does anyone using CM7 know if they have lockscreen gestures? (Should be under input settings)

Do you mean the screen lock pattern under Location & security settings?

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Ozmodiar posted:

Figures. The last Nightly I bothered flashing was 8. Thanks for answering my question though.

Have they rolled 2.3.3 into CM7 yet? I was trying to hold off on flashing another nightly until that happened.

Any ideas why I can't actually turn WiMax on? I was in a 4G area this past weekend, and every time I tried to turn WiMax on, it would say it was "Turning On" for about 15 seconds, then freeze my phone for about 10 seconds, and then turn itself off.

Yeah 2.3.3 was rolled in a few days ago.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

deong posted:

Gtalk 1.3 w/ Web cam integration.

I've got it installed on my G2, and outside the fact I don't have a front facing camera, it is working. I don't know many with webcams to really test it though. You do have to be on 2.3.4 (I'm on the latest nightly). The .zip did not work right flashing from recovery, so I just extracted and manually pushed the files, then rebooted.

Alternatively flash the latest gapps (gapps-gb-20110503-signed.zip) from here: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

Does anyone know if this is just PC to phone or does it work for phone to phone as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Oh, if we're comparing CM7 battery stats: