Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

iastudent posted:

It's not bad, but Akuma kicks my rear end every time I take him on. :(

Has anyone here actually beat him? I bought the table and i'm not really a huge fan. To fight anyone other than akuma it is a kick in the dick to get started. I've narrowed it down that you have to sent the ball through the Chun-Li thing to the Zangief side and light up the "Police" lights, but I did it once out of about 50 games.

Or maybe I just suck at pinball. Adding everyone in the OP, i've only got the old tables at the moment but i'm planning on buying at least 2 of the newer ones, excalibur and rome seemed decent.

Feel free to add me if your name wasn't in the OP:

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Definitely looking forward to a new pinball platform. Pinball FX2 is good, especially since it's the only option available to download on consoles that I know of, but the ball physics just don't feel correct to me. In a real arcade pinball machine I would have no problem getting the ball up ramps that I was aiming at, but in PFX2 there are so many drat rim shots it is ridiculous. It just feels off to me. I'm usually only 3rd-6th place on my friends list though, so maybe I just suck at pinball now.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

There's a pinball documentary on netflix called "Special When Lit". It was ok, it was no fistful of quarters though. Pretty standard documentary focusing on the history, the downfall, campy interviews with pinball players and some more current stuff. I wish they would have shown actual gameplay of the tournament they were following, would have made it loads better.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Obeast posted:

Zen Pinball 3D is available in the US Nintendo 3DS eShop for $7. It comes with the Earth Defense Force, Shaman, Excalibur, and Eldorado tables with more DLC down the road (I have no idea what the tables will cost or if they will be mostly bundles like PFX2).

Played this a bit yesterday and thought it was pretty awesome. Maybe i'm crazy, but comparing Excalibur on the 3DS to Excalibur on 360...the 3DS feels more realistic to me. All of the tables on FX2 feel like, i don't know the correct terminology, the bumpers/posts/metal things prior to traveling up ramps have too wide of a hit box on every table.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Epic Quest is by far my favorite table. I hate having multiple flippers and even though this one has a third it is used for very specific things. It's pretty hard to lose a ball unless you just aren't paying attention so it's more about the gameplay than randomly losing balls at any point in time. I think the rpg aspects of it help make the quests/table easy to figure out. There aren't too many impossible shots, hitting the cave entrance is probably the trickiest and even that isn't bad.

I've still got several tables i have no loving clue what i'm doing on as far as achievements/table understanding goes so this was a nice change.