Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
really what you should do is run a second ethernet cable if that’s going to be your permanent termination point. then your bedroom jack will work fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

bell hasn't stopped expanding their network (at least in terms of conversion to ftth), they've done a big rollout in london at least over the past 18 months, noticeable because it's been brownfield. it's a big difference just in the few years since we moved here because a lot of london was (some may still be) on like 6mbps dsl lol

that doesn't mean we shouldn't nationalize them though i 100% support that

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

sure as poo poo wasn't downtown :sigh:

oh right, another londoner

fwiw it looks like they're going to be installing ftth up to 2026 in london in terms of this push

start purports to have a lot of downtown covered, maybe your building isn't for some reason?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah they have aecon doing the work and those trucks were EVERYWHERE for the last year

no idea about momentum going forward though

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

tbh i was blown away watching them also dig a hole with a water drill. never seen that before. so damned quick

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

teethgrinder posted:

Not sure if there's a better thread for this, but weirdly NBC started region-blocking Late Night with Seth Meyers on YouTube... but you can still stream it from ctv.ca! :rolleyes:

I can't find any information as to why. Like is this a CTV call? Someone on reddit pointed out loving Fallon is still on YouTube and they're both NBC.

weird, wonder if its a rollout or by ip block because it's not doing it for me (yet)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

If i did this I'd never be able to get pizza/Amazon deliveries, because drivers these days have absolutely random area code prefixes now

they call instead of texting?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

ChickenWing posted:

come on bell gimme that sweet signup deal and 1500/1500

lol do you even have equipment to go above a gigabit

grats though it's night and day better than rogers lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

My mom is getting her driveway repaved, so she has to call Rogers to Check where their cables are. Rogers tells her they can't send a tech out to do anything until she upgrades to Ignite from whatever her ancient package is, so she does and it'll apparently save her like $10/mo, which is cool. And I assume she'll get a new router to replace the ancient thing she has now.

i mean that’s great for your mom but i suspect that is also illegal for them to do

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Freedom Mobile is getting back into the home internet game https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/home-internet/hub

And some iptv crap too.

*full disclosure I am a heavily sponsored Freedom Mobile lifestyle influencer who is paid to post how Freedom Mobile/Videotron enables and enhances my luxurious lifestyle.

The prices are also crap after a 1 year promotion according to red flag deals

But I do hope this is a typical first effort fumble and that eventually both my cellphone service and home internet can be bundled so I can have large dead zones and problems serving inside large buildings no matter how I’m connecting.

have to assume they're reselling as a tpia, right? there's no way they are offering 1gbps cellular internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Nitr0 posted:

Post the plans because I don’t feel like creating an account.

Are they symmetrical?

mobilesyrup posted:

Quebecor-owned Freedom Mobile appears to be relaunching its home internet and TV services, though availability remains limited so far.

According to a post on RedFlagDeals (RFD), Freedom is providing internet services under VMedia. However, the company so far is only offering it to select customers — look for a home internet banner in your Freedom My Account to sign up. Alternatively, you can check this webpage to learn more, though your mileage may vary. Internet is only available for existing Freedom wireless customers.

An iPhone in Canada report says Freedom’s internet offerings will utilize Rogers’ cable network and registration will launch on May 7th. RFD notes that Freedom uses Rogers cable at least for the 500Mbps and higher speeds.

Update 05/08/2024 at 9:11am ET: Freedom told MobileSyrup that the pricing reported by RFD and iPhone in Canada for the company’s internet packages isn’t accurate and shared updated pricing, which you can find below. We’ve also kept the originally reported price for comparison.

30Mbps — $39/mo for 12 months (regular $45), previously reported as $22.50/mo for 12 months
100Mbps — $60/mo for 12 months (regular $70), previously reported as $35/mo for 12 months
500Mbps — $80/mo for 12 months (regular $85), previously reported as $42.50/mo for 12 months
1Gbps — $90/mo for 12 months (regular $95), previously reported as $47.50/mo for 12 months
Freedom’s home internet plans include a modem and eero 6 router rental.

As for TV, that will reportedly run on VMedia too, and offer a starting price of $10/mo (after a $9/mo credit for 12 months). The start package will include all major Canadian and U.S. networks. Freedom TV requires an eligible Freedom internet package. Reportedly it will have $20/mo theme packs with additional content, such as sports, Movies+, Stack TV, News and Entertainment.

The TV service relies on Freedom’s TV app and works on several devices, including Apple TV, Android TV, Google Chromecast and more.

so yeah just reselling vmedia or rogers so you can bundle with your cell phone