Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Shumagorath posted:

Bell whining that they're going to pull a billion dollars in capital spending over having to allow resellers onto Ontario and Quebec fibre is the best case yet for re-nationalizing their network. Rename them to Nortel 2 while we're at it.

Nortel had the best business phones. My last employer was using one up until this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

mediaphage posted:

bell hasn't stopped expanding their network (at least in terms of conversion to ftth), they've done a big rollout in london at least over the past 18 months,

sure as poo poo wasn't downtown :sigh:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

mediaphage posted:

oh right, another londoner

fwiw it looks like they're going to be installing ftth up to 2026 in london in terms of this push

start purports to have a lot of downtown covered, maybe your building isn't for some reason?

I'm in the poor Portuguese/Polish area around ham/Adelaide. Lot of brick houses and grey hair.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fallon is an unfunny corporate tool, he needs all the free views he can get though

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

Speaking of fiber cuts, RIP internet in the Northwest Territories. NWTel reporting widespread internet outages as of 1pm MST, suspected damage to fiber infrastructure. Customer of mine in Yellowknife says everything's down and the cell network is spotty at best.

Just one more reason to go with Starlink if you can afford it I'm guessing?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I flat out do not take calls from numbers not on my call list. If it's important they will leave a message.

If i did this I'd never be able to get pizza/Amazon deliveries, because drivers these days have absolutely random area code prefixes now

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

mediaphage posted:

they call instead of texting?

I say call or text in the delivery instructions; and pizza delivery people all prefer to call.

Amazon drivers never do anything though. Maybe 1/5 or 1/10 will call. They don't text either

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Is it me, or is Start.ca complete poo poo at consistent uptime?

Ever since i switched from TekSavvy because they're too expensive now, they haven't been able to goa single month without outages.