Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lukano
Apr 28, 2003

Hmm. I still live in Saskatchewan, still use SaskTel, and still have no limits - meters - or caps on my (albeit expensive) $100/month 25/3 VDSL service.

Seriously, I think it's the only ISP left in the country that's completely 'do as you will, you pay for a line - we give you YOUR LINE' service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lukano
Apr 28, 2003

Ceyton posted:

Show me a place in Canada where I can get a fiber circuit to my house for less than the equivalent of a full-time salary. Or even a 20+ mbps unmetered connection.

I'll use my VDSL provider, SaskTel, as an example (again).

25mbit / ~$100 per month, completely unmetered - uncapped - unrestricted. Use as much as you like, it's your line to do with as you will (within the obvious common TOS clauses, of which bandwidth in not one).

Sure it's a bit hefty on the price-tag, and they're incredibly small fish - in a small fish province - but such a beast does exist.

Lukano fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 10, 2010