Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junubee
Feb 24, 2004

Cut it out, the players don't want to hear my problems.
I'm just waiting for MTS to follow suit. :( So far they've been the best provider, no caps (on Internet or cell data plans), decent speed, at a not horrible price. That said, we still pay $200~ for TV, phone, internet and cell w/ data plan, without hi-def channels.

It makes me wonder just how much the average Canadian is really willing to put up with everything before they finally start getting angry. I've already done my writing to MPs, MLAs and anyone else who will listen about this and many other silly problems Canadians just put up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junubee
Feb 24, 2004

Chronicler of Dongs posted:

There's no comprehensive list of Canadian ISPs by region and what they offer, is there? The only options I know of in Winnipeg are Shaw and MTS and as far as I can tell they're basically the same.

MTS was with the smaller ISPs to fight this change, and I haven't seen anything that states MTS will be switching to UBB yet. If there's info, let me know, because I'm too worried to look. :ohdear:

Junubee
Feb 24, 2004

Data Usage Included wasn't on MTS' website a few weeks ago. :( Although reading between the lines they still aren't charging for it, and my usage has been above my cap every month with no reprecussions.

Still, seems like they're preparing.

Junubee
Feb 24, 2004

StealthArcher posted:

Alright, home issues solved (yay), new issue arises.

I'm switching to University of Manitoba for one year. They do all the usual Teh Stoopid™ like having Aramark the shittiest food provider ever, so I'm going to just go an assume without having to look that their residence internet is kneecapped like crazy as well.

Problem being is there doesn't seem to be a good ISP for Winnipeg in general, even looking on the canadianisp.ca site. Any Goons can help a fellow out on the search for non-poo poo internet again?

(Honestly, what happened, did Homicidipeg scare them all away?)

MTS doesn't have a literal cap, just a suggestive one, and it works well. I've been using them for years.

Junubee
Feb 24, 2004

Lone Rogue posted:

I've always wondered, are any goons here on MTS Allstream or SaskTel? Are you happy with it?

I too use MTS Allstream, and even pay for the higher (noticable) speeds. I can't give you a speedtest as I'm at work at the moment. :/ A couple of months ago my upload jumped to 1.6 mbps from 0.8 without any warning, which was awesome.

A friend of mine lives in Sask and uses Sasktel, and while their billing department is "special", they've always had good speeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junubee
Feb 24, 2004

ToxicFrog posted:

TekSavvy not only has one, it has a "enter your phone number and hang up and we'll call you back when you reach the head of the queue" feature, which should be loving standard for any sort of corporate phone contact at this point.

And yet TS is the only place I've called that has it.

MTS does this as well, and yes, it's fantastic.