Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColonelMoutard
May 24, 2004
its very likely that the big 3 will start mirroring their wireless internet offerings, like 'unlimited social networking' for x amount so all the facebook/myspace/tweets you can do, but then a capped amount for all other usage. that will placate the majority and that's how it will begin...

and they'll do it within a week of one another and all at the same price, and no one will scream price fixing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelMoutard
May 24, 2004
do you consider 800kilobytes/s down and 120kB/s up sufficient? that's enough to stream 720p for sure, and gaming quality is more latency related

currently I have that, unlimited at a good price, but I'm wondering if these fibe/25/50/75 really change how you use the internet. basically, as far as i can see, anything i would want to do can be done with what I have, and I can't think of anything that would be useful @ 75mb that isn't a server.