Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

Making 400K and complaining about muhtaxes. :lol: Also apparently left the country cause of it.

That's our Methenar.

Complaining about taxes is just the Canadian Way. I'm more offended that he was earning $400,000 and hadn't looked into the myriad of ways to defer and pay less tax in Canada. Certainly no shortage of accountants here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Teksavvy is selling itself apparently, sigh. Of course just after we switched. Oxio, TSI and start all gone now, datacaps and other nonsense will likely make a comeback with no independents left. The CRTC is beyond frustrating.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Less Fat Luke posted:

It really sucks that all the smaller ISPs are getting eaten, but on the flip side it also seems like Internet services have gotten so fast from the big 3 that all their bullshit anti-piracy DPI stuff they did isn't really sustainable anymore so their services are a lot more better than when I used TekSavvy/Start. I'll miss their services actually acknowledging the use of third party network gear, lol.

We looked into Bell since they have 3gbit symmetrical in our area but it requires the use of their Homehub v4 and the SFP module is not removable. Apparently you can do a workaround with PPPoE passthru but I would rather not rely on that and it probably slows everything down.

I'm more worried about Cogeco/Rogers/etc turning the screws on price or nickle and diming on caps again. When we were with Cogeco they gave us three price increases in just two years before I finally got pissed off and switched, that was with some actual competition too.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 23, 2023

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

mediaphage posted:

id love to have had the removable sfp module but the pppoe works great, honestly. the new hubs have a 10gbe port out, too

Appreciate the feedback, it doesn't severely slow things down? I saw some people complaining on dslreports (which still exists!) that they were getting awful speeds with PPPoE passthru.