Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeestarK
Aug 12, 2004
Its cold outside
You would think with the push of legitimate bandwidth use (Netflix, etc.) that usage fees would have to finally be abolished, but not if Bell has anything to say about it.

I'm on a local independant ISP where Bell is not even available, but I'm sure I'll feel this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeestarK
Aug 12, 2004
Its cold outside
Its so tempting to switch to Shaw @ 100Mbps...I would be paying double what I'm paying right now, and I would be switching away from my local independent ISP that has treated me well, but I'm getting about 8Mbps now.

WHAT DO I DO??

(plus I have trouble trusting Shaw)

MeestarK
Aug 12, 2004
Its cold outside
Yeah I get that. I'm more thinking about in terms of Newsgroups - will that bandwidth be sustained, or is it like the Shaw at my work connection which bursts high at the start, but then falls into a stable 900k/s

MeestarK
Aug 12, 2004
Its cold outside
If I already have Canadian Netflix, will using usvideo automatically switch me to US netflix when I try to access it or do I need to sign up for a seperate Netflix US account?

MeestarK
Aug 12, 2004
Its cold outside
Moving from Thunder Bay where I currently have 100Mbps from Shaw to either Mississauga or maybe Brampton. Primary uses are Usenet and light to moderate gaming. Whats my best options in these areas? Does exact neighbourhood matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeestarK
Aug 12, 2004
Its cold outside
Anyone have much experience with Velcom in Brampton?

http://www.velcom.ca

25/10 DSL w/ dry loop and 400GB for $46 seems pretty tempting...