Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Best part about rogers is that they silently removed the $25 cap for overusage fees. So my bill went from $50 base + $25 overcharge every month (5 people in a college house so yea) to anywhere from $130-$170.

Of course I'm still with rogers because there's no choice, but I live by myself now and pay $80/month for 25mbit, still capped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

cowofwar posted:

According to the 2009 census the population of canada is ~ 34 million and 23 million of those live in major metropolitan areas.

So yeah, no.

Yea but what about affordability? A lot of people won't want to pay more than $50/mth for internet, nevermind the $85+ needed for decent speed and bw cap with rogers (most people's only choice), when you're talking about HD streaming.