Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Thread's opinion on Sit Means Sit and their method of e-collars? We had a consultation with them today and it seems interesting. Their collars use a TENS chip, like in physical therapy/chiropractors, so its not a shock but a muscle stimulation that they say acts like a touch. I'm 100% against shock collars for the pup, but this doesn't generate a painful stimulus - more of a touch so it seems ok to me. It seems like a pretty good, if expensive, training solution but my wife and I aren't sold on it, so looking for other opinions. They're a chain so I figure someone has probably used them or knows someone who has.

We have an overall pretty good cavalier KS spaniel who we potty trained from scratch at 6mos (she's a rescue). We did petco puppy classes as well, and she did pretty good to a point, so I know she's trainable, just a bit stubborn. She's become quite a barker since we recently moved, and I know part of it is she just needs a lot more stimulation at home than she gets so advice on that too would be great. We're basically looking to curb the barking at home (we live in an apartment so neighbors are a concern, also it's annoying), want her to have a rock solid recall so we can safely take her to dog parks/outside etc., and to get her to stop picking up every drat thing she sees when we're walking her. Appreciate any advice on this type of training, others, (clicker, etc) or other recommendations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
We did do that, that was part of the consultation we had. I've had them before in PT. It just feels like a small buzz/twitch, and it's not painful.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Yeah after further consideration and also finding out the cost (the low low price of $999 for their basic package lmao), we're definitely going to go with other options.

• Locked thread