Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friend
Aug 3, 2008

I've got a dog that likes to sleep on our bed when we're away. He used to be allowed to sleep in the bed with us but we stopped doing that about 3 years ago. I would just shut the bedroom door, but there's a low window in the room that looks at the front door and my wife likes to have a barking dog visible in case someone comes up.

Anyway, I've covered the bed with laundry baskets and poo poo, and after awhile of that I stopped needing to because he stopped jumping on the bed when we were away, until now. I just caught him jumping back on the bed on the security camera, so apparently this is happening again.

Piling a bunch of crap on the bed is a hassle to do every morning and clearly didn't leave a lasting impression, my wife doesn't like the idea of electric scat mats, and the dog is pretty spoiled because he (allegedly) never really had much bad behavior until around the time she met me, and so anytime I punish him for bad behavior, he acts like it is just me being a scary jerk and tries to hide behind my wife. I should also mention he has three dog beds that he could choose from.

Since we don't have an issue of him jumping on the bed when we're home, this may not even be the right thread, but anyone have any ideas? Do I just need to suck it up and throw the ironing board on the bed every morning or is there something else I can try?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

let the dog on the bed

But then the bed is covered in dog hair and chunks of dirt, and also our other dog, who is too old to get on the bed (and drools too much to be allowed anyway), is excluded.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is there no way to close the bedroom door?

There is, but as I said, my wife wants him to have access to the window that looks at our front door so he can bark at strangers who come to the door while we're away.

• Locked thread