Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
So, my fiance's boss is leaving their dog with us for 10 days. Fiance's boss('s girlfriend) is an idle housewife with a youtube channel and instagram promoter and this dog is a content generating machine for her. This dog is a 2 year old vagina faced bulldog that has never been socialized, trained, or disciplined. I will refer to this dog as our houseguest. Our goal for her is to teach her boundaries, instill obedience, and introduce socialization.

My dog, 7 year old pitbull terrier mix, is a rescue that my partner and I adopted last year. She is scared, unconfident, and got a bit of the learned helplessness. We have not been able to solve her fear, but she is now a loved family member and chill lump on my couch. I will refer to her as my lump pup. Our goal is to boost her confidence, improve walking skills, and get her to defend her toys and food from our houseguest.

Day 1 was p good. Boss's girlfriend dropped off the houseguest with luggage, refrigerated food, full suite of salmon oil, coconut oil, tumeric paste, and a 1000 threadcount dog bed. Our main training task is to discourage vocal barking while under our care. We instilled that barks will result in a time out in my lump pup's kennel, blacked out with little light. The timeout is usually 10-20 minutes. I monitor it cuz it gives me a nice smoke break. By the end of the night, 5th instance of barking, that cause-effect looks like it sunk in. We also did 3 training sessions, trying to reinforce dog spots, sit, and stays. Super productive.

Our balcony is super handy cuz we have a neighbor dog about 3 stories down. From the balcony our neighbor dog is always visible, and sometimes vocal when sirens roll past. It is a nice way to desensitize the "other dogs exist" reaction.

While I was out, my fiance filmed a play session. Session escalated and our houseguest drew blood from my lump pup. She has a split lip now. I can remain calm. So...

From a continuing behavioral training standpoint, how bad is it that our houseguest drew blood? Is this something that has to be reported to california dog cps? How much blood money is proper to ask for to keep this incident discreet?

Today is day 2. The op has been fabulous. I dont wanna give up on our houseguest, she CAN learn to stop being an rear end in a top hat. I have no expectation that our houseguest will retain any obedience when she returns to her home due to the Boss's Girlfriend's training style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
If it doesnt hurt you, making you sure it doesnt hurt them, then just get over the cost and grab it.

Do check it on yourself on the coller and settings you do on your dog. The consultation collar has to be on the "baby mode for rich humans" setting.

• Locked thread