Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mighty Amoeba
Jul 10, 2006

I am the mightiest of them all!

Jestopher posted:

This is an awesome thread! Not only does the R+/P- method work on dogs but it also works on kids and cats (and probably most other animals too). I've had pretty good success training my one year old cat to respond to commands. Right now he's more or less mastered "come here", "get off", "high five", and "sit". We're working on "down", "stay", and "speak" currently. Hammer loves clicker training. Every time I bring out the clicker he starts purring. He's a good little man :3:. Hopefully he'll be jumping through hoops like Trophy one of these days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfAW0JFmvJ8

I hope this isn't off topic 'cause it's cats, but I've recently gotten a clicker and started training my kitty to do stuff. It's awesome, because she will totally work for diet kibble, as long as it's only a few minutes at a time. She could already stand up, and now she holds up a paw on command, but I'd like to teach her to sit. I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this, as she tends to stand up when I put a treat above her at all and I don't want to train her out of standing up. How'd you start with your cat?

Also: a life less, thanks for making this thread. It was watching some of your videos that inspired me to expand my cat's repertoire to more than the stand up command.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread