Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Im on the fence on the iRig. If I just want to use it as a cheap pedalboard sim, and run it dry to my amp, how lovely would it sound? (or would it?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I went through the OP and I'm still not figuring out how to do what I need. I just got an iPad 2 and an iRig. What I want to do is record guitars (if I could do this with an amp sim thatd be a huge plus), that I can layer tracks on. Guitar Rig and Garage Band do this, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to export the tracks individually so I can mix them on my computer. I guess I can just mute everything, but there has to be an easier way.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I have an iRig, and I love it, but I'm having huge problems with feedback anytime I try to use it with my band. Any tips or tricks to get it to cut the poo poo? I try checking the cables, rebooting the app, when it gets started, it just wont quit.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

Startyde posted:

Are you running to a guitar amp or PA? Running mono to an amp can be more problematic than stereo out from what I've read. Since it's a passive device, different loads will give you better or worse feedback performance.

Tried both, same problem. If it weren't for the feedback thing, it'd be super convenient and sounds great.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

magiccarpet posted:

I was pretty down on Tabletop as well.. When it was released I could do virtually everything with it that I could do with ReBirth. The extra instruments didn't seem very appealing. But now, with (what I expect to be) quality instruments being introduced... Kind of cool. It's a solid base to work from, and now you know you'll be getting solid in-app purchases as opposed to in-house effect boxes.

It is a little redundant, but I've found the interface to TableTop to be MUCH better in my opinion.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

juche mane posted:

What about like a really good but small and not pain in the butt set of battery powered speaker? I basically just need to be loud enough to hear myself and don't want a zillion cable/ power cordd/etc. It's for a guitars class.

thanks. :)

Any cheap computer speaker set should work, or any old mp3 player speakers you might have. I busk like that sometimes. Sometimes itll squeal and feedback for no reason, but I haven't figured out why that happens or what to do about it but there you go.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I iRig is great for practice and utterly wortheless for anything louder than headphones. Feedback is a huge issue. Does the jam have the same issue? I'd hope not, being twice the price and all.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I'm looking at TouchAble, and it looks really nice, but the price is kinda steep. According to Appshopper, it never goes on sale. I'd feel a lot better about it if I could get some opinions. How is the latency? The integration? Is the UI as good as it looks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

illBilliam posted:

How about Notion? Is that worth a drat?

Also, has anyone experienced any problems with any of the midi adapters combined with a lightning to 30 pin adapter?

It does what it says on the tin. It can be hard to work with, but in all fairness, I'm not sure what could be done differently. It does get lots of updates.

• Locked thread