Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanjalolz
Oct 31, 2006

Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha
Any opinions of TabToolkit vs GuitarPro? I've been burned by crappy GuitarPro performance on OS X, not sure if I'm keen to try it on iOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanjalolz
Oct 31, 2006

Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha
TabToolkit is so good!

Has anyone found an iOS guitar amp app that does a decent metal sound?

vanjalolz
Oct 31, 2006

Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha
Thanks for that RandomCheese. Ill check out amp kit.

Edit: amp kit is going to make me poor. Looks awesome.

vanjalolz fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Mar 31, 2011

vanjalolz
Oct 31, 2006

Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha
Compared GP to TabToolkit. Practically identical, but I think TT has better sound. This surprises me because GP is supposed to have RSE...

vanjalolz
Oct 31, 2006

Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha
I was going to make one of those custom cables but instead i bought a griffin cable for $20 on ebay. IMO, those cables are basically unusable unless you're not monitoring the output (if you're recording I guess).

Garageband seems to be smart enough to cancel out the insane feedback that builds up from running the input and output through the same cable, but I had absolutely no luck with AmpKit.

I'm keen to buy the Apogee iJam for $99, if I ever find one.

vanjalolz fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Apr 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanjalolz
Oct 31, 2006

Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha

FLX posted:

It should work, but be aware that the iPad's audio output is line-level stereo and your adapter and the iPhone's mic is mic-level mono. Also, some people reported some static noise pollution when recording through such a splitter cable/device. If you try it out, I'd love to hear a trip report!

That's a lot of words that simplify down to "its poo poo". I bought a griffin cable for like $20 on ebay and its fairly useless. If you turn up the volume on the iPad to over 30% you will get insane never ending feedback. I'm still patiently waiting for the Apogee iJam.

• Locked thread