Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

CisSTAR 19 posted:

I just posted a question up in the DJ thread, but I thought it might be worth cross-posting in this thread. (I'll edit out my post if this isn't kosher.)

I've been making some electronic drum loops in iMaschine and was hoping to be able to loop the .WAV files I can make with iMaschine live instead of trying to translate these parts into a live drum part or otherwise pre-programming every change in a song into some pre-recorded MP3 so that all the spontaneity is taken out.

Is there a particularly good iOS app or (or other device or program) for switching instantaneously between loops? I was thinking maybe some kind of DJ program might do the trick. Something approximating a mixer's cross-fader?

Loopy / Loopy HD ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Sizone posted:

Will you guys give me my 30$ back if you're wrong?

e: let me put it this way, have you Gadget proponents made any music with it?

If you can't accept he testimonials above I don't know what to say

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Does the Lightning camera connector USB adaptor work with iPad Air 2? I tried one that didn't work, but I'm not sure if it was just faulty. Alternatively are there any audio docks out for the Air 2? I can't seem to find any.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I see the only time Borderlands Granular was mentioned here was three years ago. That is shameful. It is sweet as all hell and y'all should get down with dat granular sickness

iPad only FWIW.. drat just went up in price too

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Air 2 is way faster so it makes working with intensive apps like Kadget a much nicer experience

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Audiobus 3 is out

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Splinter posted:

Anyone have experience with the paid gadgets? Are they worth the cost? I'm considering picking up Bilbao and Abu Dhabi, maybe even Kamata (demo I watched made it seem like much more than just a chip emu) while they are on sale.

They're worth the cost IMO. I've gone full Gadget

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Module is full on. Modular synthesis can get complicated and confusing quickly. I got wavestation and it owns, really fun and I use it in gadget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

MockingQuantum posted:

I'm not sure I follow... which app are you talking about in regards to modular synthesis?

Sorry I meant Model 15, not Module

• Locked thread