Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The only thing I really want from an app is a barebones, put your own mp3s in, play them with a pad sampler. The fact I havent found one yet makes me suspect theres some logistical reason it isnt possible on iOS. Maybe memory constraints, maybe apple just dont like the idea of any app that triggers mp3s that isnt itunes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The alesis studiodock is making me seriously consider skippinga macbook and just getting an iPad for live sampling http://www.alesis.com/studiodock

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

If i get the Thor app what options does it have for exporting stuff other than to reason (which I don't have)?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Is GarageBand generally considered to be "slumming it" ? I'm not seeing what beat maker offers over it when it comes to recording guitar.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I just got gadget and it's freaking great.

Only downside is I was hoping I could arrange a song by just hitting the record button and triggering the clips in the order I wanted them to play.

Instead it seems I have to tediously arrange the clips in sequence.

Unless I'm doing it wrong, I can't work out what the record button on the arrangement view actually does.

It's the first of these apps though that has a note sequencer I actually like.

Really I'm finding every part of it intuitive except the arrangement window.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 29, 2014

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

This is the first thing I made the evening I got gadget https://soundcloud.com/hugespiders/drizzle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Are there any fun grooving type apps that export out in MIDI? I want to be able to jam out an idea and actually be able to work on it properly later.

• Locked thread