Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
In related news, Korg Module is on sale for $20 through mid-July and now includes mellotron tape samples as a free in-app purchase. Even though it doesn't have a custom white skin for those patches, it still looks much better than any of the other Mellotron apps that I've seen.

I've always wanted more Mellotron patches from my SV-1, so I'm happy that now have a pretty simple way to integrate them without having to purchase another keyboard or mess with a laptop configuration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
If I had to guess without checking facts, it might be a 64-bit compatibility issue. A lot of DAWs switched to 64-bit, which requires updated VSTs or a bridge system in order to get older 32-bit VSTs to work. Check to see if you have the 64-bit version of Absynth 5 on your system.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The iPad rumors leading up to this new release were all over the place. Apparently there is a partial redesign coming at some point that will reduce the bezels around the screen, but that rumored new model will probably not come out until at least this Fall.

That said, Apple has been getting increasingly weirder about its product release cycles, so it's tough to figure out what their plan is. They were completely silent about Mac Pros not being updated at all for 3.5 years until this week, when they uncharacteristically had to announce that they made a misstep with the 2013 design and committed to releasing a new model at some point hopefully next year. Almost every product they make aside from the iPhone has slipped into a weird release schedule.

For music production, any model with an A7 (iPad Mini 2 and first iPad Air) or better processor should run almost any music-related app fine. You're probably good getting the Air 2, unless you want to wait to see when the redesign comes out. The next iPad update might just be for the Pro models. No one really knows.

• Locked thread