Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What about it is iPad specific? With the RCA inputs you could plug anything in the world into it.

It does seem pretty cool for $60 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nanostudio has an OSX/Windows build available too if you want to preview it and see if it'll fit into your workflow.

It's not super great with a mouse though.. it's clearly designed to be on a touch interface and the desktop ports don't try to clean it up at all.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Since it's apparently 100% impossible for an app to publish something to iTunes on an iOS device, does anyone know of any clever "music playing app" that can copy in tracks from AudioPaste to make an alternative database of songs?

Right now I'm using NanoStudio's mixdown, copying it to my desktop with NanoSync, and depending on my mood copying it back to my device with iTunes. Most apps seem to support one of dropbox or soundcloud but it would be really nice to be able to work without any kind of network connection. Just using NanoStudio to play is not a good option because it won't output over bluetooth nor is it wise to be messing around with loading tracks while driving.

I just want to be able to queue up some sketches and easily listen to them in the car. :qq:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The problem with that is that nanostudio (or any other music app I use) does not have an "open in..." option which is the only way I know of to get stuff into something like Goodreader.

It's a bit comical that it's easier to send a file out over the internet and re-download it is than it is to copy it to a different directory on my phone.

FLX posted:

Edit: AudioCopy the track into Hokusai (you'll need the AudioCopy IAP) and then hit "Quick Export" and choose to open the file in another App after export. Choose "Open in GoodReader" when the export is done. From GoodReader you can also copy files to/from a computer over WiFi.
Oops, you typed that as I was posting.

I guess that's one way to do it. Kind of dumb but I'll take what I can get.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Guess it's time to get a stylus because that is a ton of tiny little bits to fit on a phone screen.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Does this glitch perhaps have some creative potential? :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's pretty neat stuff.. can't wait to see music app makers really dig into the new audio features.

If directing audio is really that easy here's hoping the iPhone catches up a bit to the iPad offerings. I get that the small screen makes serious work a pain, but OS level support for that kind of multitasking really improves the efficiency of the small screen.

Especially because I'm a thousand times more likely to always have the phone with me. :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This sale is timed to coincide with the launch of the iphone version, right?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Looks like Apple is gearing up to give away GarageBand, and make money from it off IAP:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10/21/apple_announce_free_garage_band_sale/

Pay 99 cents for reverb! :downs:

It's gonna have to be really goddamn good to pry me away from nanostudio.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

nanostudio makes noises with a drum pad and a synth, it's not the greatest synth ever but it's competent at its job. So yeah you can make instruments and entire songs inside the app.

Can also load in samples if that's your thing.

If you just want to jam with techno sounds, take a look at Figure and iKaossilator. They're both built around experimentation and are a lot of fun. Figure sounds better to my ears, but iKaossilator is a lot more intelligent with how it manages saved tunes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

On one hand I have a hard time trusting official demos because you know they're mastered by some genius who could make nails on a chalkboard sound good.

But on the other hand they sound really goddamn good and I want them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Eegah posted:

What are some good web resources for iOS music stuff? Most of what I can find is just app description dumps and link farm type sites.

KVR's forum is the best I've found. There's not much out there that isn't link farms.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

4FT96Y99K6X6 stolen by me!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I usually get the drum beat and bassline part and let it loop for 30 minutes while I futz around trying to find a lead tone I'm happy with. I never find a lead I'm happy with.

So I delete everything but the drums and bass.

"Sounds great, I'm done."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

MoDrum is more electronic dance oriented, but would be perfectly suitable for backing drums for solo practice.

You can make fantastically complicated patterns really quickly.

• Locked thread