Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plotskee
Mar 10, 2010

Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.

tutpsu posted:

This might be a stupid question, but will you need an iPad 2 to run GB?

One of the devs posted in GBS SH/SC, he said it will run on an original iPad.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3393695&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=20#post388770729

plotskee fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plotskee
Mar 10, 2010

Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.
Wow for those of you using Beatmaker on an iPad, jailbreaking and installing Retinapad makes it SO MUCH more pleasant to use (basically increases the resolution from the default 2x setting, making it look much much nicer and you can actually see waveforms and midi notes and whatnot).

plotskee
Mar 10, 2010

Yeah disable Fullforce and just use Retinapad, I don't think you're supposed to use the two of them together.

plotskee
Mar 10, 2010

illBilliam posted:

One more thing, any word on the stability of Beatmaker 2 on the ipad? Itunes reviews have been saying it crashes a lot but I wanted to get a second opinion here.

I've been using it a ton recently, I would occasionally have problems until I started quitting all other backgrounded apps prior to use. Since doing that, it's only crashed on me once in the last couple months. Pretty solid. I mentioned previously in the thread but will again - if you're gonna be using Beatmaker 2 on the ipad, jailbreaking and using RetinaPad makes the experience roughy three hundred times more enjoyable.

• Locked thread